Author Topic: Thank you to contributors  (Read 3292 times)

Offline PaulJ

Thank you to contributors
« on: April 16, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking here for while gathering information for arrival of a working cocker on Sunday. Just want to say thanks to all that contribute and spend the time and effort sharing their knowledge and experience

We have owned a  dog previously (border collie) but it has been a over 12 years. It has not been possible to to have a dog due to other commitments. Our circumstances are now different and we are very excited to get another dog.

We chose a cocker since the size is better suited to our house and we wanted a dog that has something about it and wants to work. Having previously owned a border collie (which was rescue) we know what we are letting ourselves in for.

Our aim is to train to a Gundog standard and if genetics have any say we might have a little scorcher but only time and our effort will tell.

I hope we can share our experiences(once the shock is over  ;) ) to contribute back to this forum.

Great resource so thanks again everyone 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Cheers,
Paul

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Thank you to contributors
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum and also your soon to be new arrival.  Exciting times ahead, and it will be lovely to share that with you.  Really looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. 

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »
hi  and welcome from myself and wcs Gemma aka the ginger ninja.  she is our first little worker who we have trained ourselves to a satisfactory standard  :shades:  ph34r.  My advice to you would be to forget everything about how you trained your beloved collie because this little " scorcher" will need a very different manual  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Acciesboy

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:57:33 PM »
Welcome aboard the forum!

Wishing you lots of love and enjoyment with the new member of your household.

Offline PaulJ

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »
Haha MIN, yeah.

More of a we know then amount of time and effort that will be involved. The border collie never stopped.

Looking forward to it and very lucky to have an uncle that trials labs, who is full of advice 🤔

I might chronicle the journey every fortnight so you can all wet yourselves at all the mistakes!

Online bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:05 PM »
Hi and welcome! Our Humphrey is „only“ a show line   :lol2: but cocker is cocker and no one ever explained to him that he‘s supposed to maintain a bit of decorum!,  :lol2: :lol2:
Looking forward to the cocker chronicals (illustrated ofcourse!! ;))

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 12:10:45 PM »
Haha MIN, yeah.

More of a we know then amount of time and effort that will be involved. The border collie never stopped.

Looking forward to it and very lucky to have an uncle that trials labs, who is full of advice 🤔

I might chronicle the journey every fortnight so you can all wet yourselves at all the mistakes!

Puppy pads at the ready  :rofl1: :rofl1:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »
Welcome to COL and the wacky world of cocker spaniels and there humans
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed