Author Topic: Hello Again  (Read 2314 times)

Offline SamTheCocker

Hello Again
« on: April 21, 2020, 12:26:04 PM »
Hi All,

I was previously a member of this great community 13 years ago and disappeared into blissful happiness with our Sam.  After a year odd battle with a tumour our Sam passed yesterday.  We’re heartbroken.....

This morning was the first in which we awoke without him and our home us so so different  - I know its to be expected but he had such an impact on our lives over the past 13 years we miss him so so much.

When we got Sam he was our baby then came along 2 little boys now 10 & 12 both also heartbroken he is gone.  It’s difficult for us all I know members of this great community know and understand the bond which develops but for my Partner she is finding it very challenging he went everywhere with her not a day goes by in which they would not go out for a walk.

I’m glad to be back exploring the form again...I think it will help with what we are experiencing right now

If are reading this and have your Cocker give him/her a big hug from us

I miss the walks already the the wagging tale first  thing in the morning

W

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Hello Again
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Hello, and welcome back.  I am deeply sorry for all the family, this is not something you can prepare for.  It's so hard, one day you will smile before feeling sad when Sam springs to mind, but that will be a wee while yet.  Be kind to yourselves, Sam was obviously very loved. 

Offline SamTheCocker

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 01:45:52 PM »
Thanks so much for the kind words

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 07:53:58 PM »
I’m so sorry to hear this. Our Fern was 13 when she died last year. They certainly leave a big hole.  I struggled so much for months, so many feelings.  I wrote her a five page letter which did help quite a bit.  For a long time I couldn’t think about her without bursting into tears, but now we can talk about the wonderful memories.

I’m popping in and out of COL again as we have a new addition coming in a few weeks. We are calling him Sam too!

I said I wouldn’t do it again as losing Fern was so painful, she was so poorly for the last six months, but a lovely litter came along, and Sam’s Dad is a descendent of Fern’s Dad so it feels right.

You will start to feel better, I’m proof that you will, if you told me just a few months ago I would get another I wouldn’t have believed you, but now I can’t wait.

I know it’s a cliche and won’t  feel like it today,  but time does heal, gently and subtly.

xxx

Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x