Author Topic: Crufts TV Programmes  (Read 11994 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Crufts TV Programmes
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2006, 09:44:49 PM »
BRING BACK RICHARD HAMMOND!!!

Yes - defintely. He may be short and has not got such interesting hair as BF (I like sticky up hair...) but he's much more natural and seems to know loads more. But then I've only had a dog for 2 months so who am I to throw eggs ::)

I fell in love with the Otterhound. Not seen one before and I love hairy dogs (we had a bearded collie as kids). :luv:
throw all the eggs you like!!! it's the autocue reading that ben has an issue with (the squinting to read it is really offputting!)

i loved the otterhound too :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2006, 10:02:07 PM »
Thank heavens I wasnt the only one who fell in love with the otterhound. I also loved the Beagle.

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »
Did like the Otterhound, but preferred the PGBV :D
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2006, 10:17:35 PM »
I loved the beagle, it looked so happy. I also liked the otterhound :D
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2006, 10:23:59 PM »
Did like the Otterhound, but preferred the PGBV :D

that gawd you abbreviated that! that was my other joint fave in the group with that beagle (what a face :luv:) but didn't want to risk spelling the breed!!!! ph34r :005:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
I thought he was marginally better tonight, but he really has been thrown in at the deep end and has not done sufficient homework. :007:
Interviewing the owner of the Wire Fox Terrier and congratulating him on winning "the event earlier" (Terrier Group) really isn't good enough. There are seven groups, that in itself shouldn't be too hard to remember. I know I'm being tough on him, and I normally enjoy watching what he presents, but he is out of his depth here. I think Joe Public will love him for his lovely doggies type approach.

Richard Hammond was ok, but bring back Clare Balding, she really kept her cool and knew what she was talking about. Of course this isn't Ben's fault but the BBC, as once again our only televised event of the dog showing year is ridiculed.

Off my soap box now  :ranting:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2006, 09:15:56 AM »
I agree he was marginally better last night but I have to say I thiunk he should stick to animal park and we should have the lovely Richard Hammond back! And Gill is right I'm not impressed he has let Inca his lab get obese!!! Tut tut! Over weight dogs and dogs that have matted coats are my two soap boxes!!!! Cruel owners!!!  :005:

Love the name Inca though! :-*

Oooooooo I am going to Brum today, wooooo hoooo and Crufts ALL day tomoz!! I can't wait! If I see Ben Foggle I'll be sure to tell him off Gill!!! :005:  :005:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »
My faves last night were the wire haired fox terrier, and all the Dachsises, I LOOOOOOOVE them, but they'd be no good in this house with my mad cockers, poor little things'd get squashed and hurt xxxxxx

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2006, 09:48:27 AM »
We were waiting in the Collecting Ring behind the Main Show Ring  last night and formed a "Guard of Honour" as the Hound Group finalists left the ring and passed through us.  It was interesting to see these top dogs close-up and some of their owners were in tears - wonder if it was the emotion of the occasion or that they hadn't won?

We had a long rehearsal (until 9.15  :o), but I think the "Friends for Life" section on Sunday will be brilliant - very moving.  Tilly was an absolute star and got lots of cuddles from everyone she met.  Despite the crowds, her tail didn't stop wagging  :luv:.

There are two cockers in the Parade - Tilly (of course) and a lovely orange roan.  I will try to find out his/her name at tonight's rehearsal.  Emily is the only child in the Parade  :shades:.

Hope it doesn't snow tonight!

Sue and Tilly

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2006, 10:50:48 AM »
We were waiting in the Collecting Ring behind the Main Show Ring  last night and formed a "Guard of Honour" as the Hound Group finalists left the ring and passed through us.  It was interesting to see these top dogs close-up and some of their owners were in tears - wonder if it was the emotion of the occasion or that they hadn't won?

We had a long rehearsal (until 9.15  :o), but I think the "Friends for Life" section on Sunday will be brilliant - very moving.  Tilly was an absolute star and got lots of cuddles from everyone she met.  Despite the crowds, her tail didn't stop wagging  :luv:.

There are two cockers in the Parade - Tilly (of course) and a lovely orange roan.  I will try to find out his/her name at tonight's rehearsal.  Emily is the only child in the Parade  :shades:.

Hope it doesn't snow tonight!

Sue and Tilly

i'll be glued to the telly! (despite ben fogel...!)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

helen & jarvis x

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
    • http://www.blackmajestys.com
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »
Help!

I have a satellite,but don't have BBC2,maybe some other TV is transmiting Cruft's?
I would like to watch the Cruft's :-\
Black Majesty-english cocker spaniel & grand basset griffon vendeen kennel

-> www.blackmajestys.com -<

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »
Aww what a shame, I can't think of any other channels that are showing it :huh:  You could always listen to Crufts FM online, not quite the same I know, you can get to it via a link from the Kennel Club website :D

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
will listen then..

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »
after Cruft's,there will be some record to buy? for us who don't have ability to watch it?

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »
Black Angel I think you can buy a dvd from the kennel club website which is a recording of the programmes, but not 100 % sure, there defo is a dvd of some kind you can buy.

My mum has just phoned me and been ranting about how rubbish ben foggle is! It seems he's not very popular at the Crufts job!