Author Topic: Excessive whining for attention, excitement etc.  (Read 4173 times)

Offline tritonx

Re: Excessive whining for attention, excitement etc.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
I see I am not alone. :lol2: Fraser has one move that I swear is him bringing out the big guns. If I've ignored his sporadic attempts to get me to let him outside (when I know he's been out and peed less than an hour ago), he comes over to my sofa with his little tail wiggling and fixes me with the most limpid, glowing eyes looking directly into mine and won't break the stare. The sensation of his mind pressing on mine is quite intense. If I turn my head away, a paw comes up and gently presses my arm until I look at him again. Of course, it works every time. The trick of it is that you never know whether he's overriding command because he's really needs out for legit reasons, or is he pulling a fast one. The sheer charming gall of the move is what makes it work for him. I can't help laughing as he's turned the cute up to blast. And he knows it.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »
Daisy is very adept with the paw!  If I am in the kitchen doing something and she feels ignored, I get a paw on the back of my leg  :005: If I stop petting her and she is not happy about it, I get 'the look' and the paw on my arm!   :lol2: Biscuits are requested by standing staring at me, then sitting staring at me and then sighing loudly and looking tragic! I really need to have a word with myself, I am totally under the paw!  ph34r

Offline tritonx

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 03:04:21 AM »
The Law of the Paw. Can’t be denied. I *am* kind of fascinated by the bond between human and dog. All those thousands of years of contact, changing dogs into something that is different from their wolf distant ancestors. I follow HerdyShepherd on Twitter (James Rebanks, herdwick shepherd on the Yorkshire dales.)The way he talks about his sheep dogs is full of love and appreciation for their intelligence and devotion. Unfortunately, he quit Twitter though does post on Instagram. Until you’ve  lived with a dog, I don’t think you realize what amazing creatures they are. And, of course, cocker spaniels are among the most beautiful and entertaining examples of the species.