Author Topic: Work from home - Dog Boredom?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Chocolate Hero

Work from home - Dog Boredom?
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »
Im currently doing my masters degree, is it normal for the dog to sleep most of the day when im working? I'm just wondering if he's getting bored, i do give him his kong and he has his toys but either wants to play with me not on his own (& i cant get my work done) or just sleeps. Is it just him maturing & not needing to be on the go constantly?
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Work from home - Dog Boredom?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »
Im currently doing my masters degree, is it normal for the dog to sleep most of the day when im working? I'm just wondering if he's getting bored, i do give him his kong and he has his toys but either wants to play with me not on his own (& i cant get my work done) or just sleeps. Is it just him maturing & not needing to be on the go constantly?

Riley will do this. If hubby working from home and Im out say, he will sleep and slump all day if hubby is busy, he has always been like this.
I wouldnt worry if I were you. I think most cockers will do what the household is doing, ie if nothing is happening then mostly they will sleep.
If I let him, Riley would sleep all day, apart from the couple of hours after he gets up in a morning.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
Charlie will try his luck a few times and then just sleep if I'm working from home.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
I work shifts and I'm off today, they're both just sleeping, if I go into a different room theyll follow get comfy and go to sleep. They don't pester me.

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
o good least i know its normal & im not boring him to death. This work however is boring me to death  ph34r.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
:) I've worked from home since maggie was a pup - she knows when I'm working because of where I go (rest of the time the study door is shut  ph34r ) and she sleeps most of it  ;) She'll come up for a cuddle but for the most part knows its time to just relax.
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
Oh how lucky you are, I long for the day Teal just goes to sleep as there is nothing to do.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
:) I've worked from home since maggie was a pup - she knows when I'm working because of where I go (rest of the time the study door is shut  ph34r ) and she sleeps most of it  ;) She'll come up for a cuddle but for the most part knows its time to just relax.
Same here  :D - though obviously not with Maggie  :005:

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Same here  :D - though obviously not with Maggie  :005:

Same as here too! Molly knows that when I'm on the computer/in the study it's quiet time...then when she's decided it's lunchtime around 1pm she'll patiently sit by me and look up at me, waiting for my attention  :luv: we then have walkies and playtime for an hour, and then it's back to work for me and a sleep for Molly.
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
Jeez its a real cockers life isnt it  :005: Im coming back in my next life as a cocker owned by someone on COL  :o :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »
I work from home too - all mine sleep in the conservatory all morning and then walk around lunch time then come back and mooch around and/or sleep most of the time... I see it as a sign of contentment rather than boredom

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
Currently he's asleep in a chair he shouldnt be but is too cute to move (bad me) & is alternating between snoring, chewing or barking in his sleep. Which is making me laugh  :luv:. have to agree coming back as a cocker is looking like a dam good option.

Contentment is probably the more correct, just thought a worker would continue the all go, not that im complaining that he settles.

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
Currently he's asleep in a chair he shouldnt be but is too cute to move (bad me) & is alternating between snoring, chewing or barking in his sleep. Which is making me laugh  :luv:. have to agree coming back as a cocker is looking like a dam good option.

Contentment is probably the more correct, just thought a worker would continue the all go, not that im complaining that he settles.

They can be perfect company without demands :005:
Miya is curled up round my legs as I reply :luv: :005: seems to me they can be as playful or dormant as you want them to be, where I go she goes and that can be a long way or round the corner or whilst on my laptop,  she's asleep :luv: :luv: :005:

Mel.