Author Topic: What's your dog done that made you cringe ?  (Read 4103 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: What's your dog done that made you cringe ?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:30 AM »
With Ella the list is endless jumping on a sunbather who was asleep and giving him a huge shock , walking up to a baby and taking a bread roll out of its hand , getting on a coach with a load of kids who had been running , getting into a minibus ambulance whilst the driver was eating lunch , jumping on a mans lap as he was sitting in his car with the door open, the latest was at the beach and two girls were cooing over her "ahh shes lovely " etc etc and Ella proceeded to pick up a huge lump of poop and swallow it the look of horror on the girls faces was priceless , i said " not so lovely now is she "  ph34r ph34r ph34r , luckily my two boys are not nearly as embarassing as Ella
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37:47 AM »
Lol these are funny :lol2:
Hmm let's see...
Sloopy our black lab once peed
on a woman lying sunbathing on
Llanddonna beach, she must have been asleep
as it took some time for her to
sit up , by which time me and Sloopy
had done one and were way down the beach :013:
steffxxx
ps he also used to deliberately knock the
children over as toddlers so whatever
food they were wandering about with
was liberated and therefore fair game.  

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »
The scooting post reminds me a a story my friend told me.  She has two cockers and they had a visitor who is a bit OCD and does not like dogs much because generally he thinks they are dirty. 

One of my friends cockers walked in the room, scooted across the carpet and then.....went back and had a good sniff of it  :005:  All in front of this guy sitting on the sofa  :005:

Her other cocker did a poo on the floor of the vets and I stood in it, (we were off on a shopping trip and dropping one of her dogs off at the vets for treatment).  We had not noticed she had done two poos and were busy cleaning the first one up when I realised I had walked through the other one.  We now refer to this as poogate!  Still makes us laugh.

As for my Alfie, I think he must be fairly good as I can't really think of anything really bad except humping a little boys leg whilst we were queuing up.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 08:42:52 AM »
Many years ago, before I was a dog owner and when I was fairly clueless about them, I went to a local fun dog show with a friend and her 2 Labradors, who were a pair of boisterous hooligans. I was nominally in charge of Kipper as he didn't pull on lead as much as Truffles. We were stood watching something or other when my friend nudged me and indicated we should move away. I was a bit puzzled but did as she wanted. Turned out Kipper had just cocked his leg on the leather jacket of a man who was stooping down to tie the shoelace of his small child. Amazingly neither the man nor the child realised what Kipper had done.

30 years later I still feel slightly ashamed that we just legged it and didn't own up :embarassed:

Offline craigyp

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »
Well where do i begin.

Molly our beloved Cocker who passed away in November was full of mischief.

She was in our front garden one day chewing away at something, it turned out to be a sanitary pad stolen from her Mums bag(lucky it was a fresh one). She left it lying all over the garden for all the neighbors and passers by to see. Nice.

At a friends watching the football one day,coffee table of buffet food in the corner of the room. When nobody was looking Molly thought she would make a start and helped herself to all the sausages.

Christmas at sister in laws house. There were other dogs there that Molly did not know and was a wee bit stressed as they would not leave her alone. When we got home we got a phone call from the sister in law informing us that there was a big poop on her nice new duvet on her bed. Molly got the blame. We tried to defend her but was reminded of a similar incident a while before. Never mind , wasnt our bed :D :005: :005: :005:

There is more, but no time.

Still miss her. New pup coming soon hope he's as much fun.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
Goodness..... Which one will I choose!

I think the most embarrassing was on our first ever meet, when Brodie decided to leg it all the way back to the car park (must have been a mile). She didn't look back once >:D.

Or the time she ran into a cafe at Vogrie park - got to say they always seem to leave their doors open so must be used to it, but it was definitely one of those 'abandon your dog' moments :005:

Or, the time we were camping and she decided sleeping in a tent was beneath her and ran off - I caught her trying to break into a cabin while the family inside watched on in bemusement. They looked rather puzzled when I explained exactly why a little brown cocker was trying to barrel her way through their patio doors ph34r :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline fionad

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »
This reminds me of a tale my brother in law told me.

He is a policeman and had to do a house call to take a statement. As he knocked the door and was let in, an alsation that had been in the garden followed him in and curled up un the floor.

Whilst he was taking the statement he noticed the said alsation was circling and eventually left a giant Mr Whippy on the carpet. Thinking it strange that the woman he was interviewing made no comment or took any action to deal with her dog he got up to leave whereupon the woman said " aren't you going to take your dog with you?"  ph34r

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
You've had me in stitches  :005: :005
Keep it up  :lol2::
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »
I got peed on by a border terrier puppy a couple of weeks ago and the owner was unbelievably mortified - I actually thought it was hilarious! It's not as if my clothes are ever clean with muddy dogs around. I saw him a few days ago and he still looked really embarrassed - fortunately little Rocky has never done it again.

Henry's not usually too embarrassing, although this morning I saw a friend I hadn't seen for a couple of years and she has a 4-month-old border terrier Holly (and her friend had a 4-month-old black show cocker  :luv: :luv:) and Henry was playing with them both. Then he started humping Holly and just wouldn't leave her alone. It was a bit embarrassing - my big bad teenage boy abusing this tiny little girl! He's also managed to stop to poo while crossing the road (not at a crossing) which is always really annoying!

Not looking forward to the summer when everyone's out and about with their picnics on the grass (there's a lot of that around here) - dog might have to be back on lead all summer :(

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
My Rainbow girl, Biddy, a JRT, was on holiday with us in a cottage on Mull. The people staying in the adjoining cottage knocked the door while we were in the middle of eating pasta for dinner and I went outside to speak to them and show them around. Unknown to me, my son had taken the opportunity to dispose of his unwanted pasta. I couldn't understand why the neighbour started to stare glassily over my shoulder, until I looked behind, where Biddy was in the process of puking up a massive mound of pasta. She then proceeded to eat it again and waddle off back into the cottage while I continued to try to make polite conversation  :005:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline ali2010

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
When I was 14 I took our (now rainbow) cocker Ben for a walk in some field next to a football club.  Some teenage lads were havig a rather serious looking game of football (with spectators) and  Ben ran on the pitch and chased the ball and managed to pic k ip up in his mouth and run off with it. Every time I got near he ran off. The crowd were cheering me and the football game had to stop while I chased Ben for what seemed like forever

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
The worst (and funniest) thing Fred has ever done was interupt a lovely german couple enjoying and early morning cuddle :shades: with their tent door not closed securely, they were wild camping and hadnt realised when they had pitched their tent late at night that it was next to a dog walking area.
Another one was when he climbed into a strangers car and proceeded to ransack their picnic before I could stop to him - bet they close the boot of their car next time!!  Kooki isnt quite as bad but she has stopped in the middle of a road for a poop and by the time she had finished (she doesnt like to rush) a queue of traffic had built up- she then poroceeded to try and playfight with her brother while I was trying to hold them both, scoop the poop and get off the road!
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
Went to visit someone in hospital, but Lily was a little pupster and we didn't want to leave her home alone.
We took it turn to go in to talk to our friend.

I was sitting doing my stint with Lily, and was is a world of my own.  When I came to my senses, there was lily licking the toes of someone in a wheelchair with his leg in plaster.  He had parked his wheelchair next to us.

He was delighted....but I thought YUK my poor girl.  :005:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 05:49:26 PM »
Elcie nicked a child shoe on the beach, Mum was not impressed. When Elcie and Bettie were young we used to sit on the floor to bond with them. Big mistake....took them to the beach and people sat on the sand, you can imagine the rest, 2 very lively retriever pups jumping all over them ....cringe
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »
Imagine how embarrassing our dogs would be if they could talk?!!