Author Topic: What's your dog done that made you cringe ?  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Lovely

What's your dog done to make you cringe?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
Spud made a bid to join the royal family last yr; Prince Harry was being filmed on the beach with some of his Help for Heroes chums. I didn't know, i just thought it was a bunch of squaddies filming each other. I did notice a couple of quite burly men hanging about who turned out to be his plain clothed bodyguards. Spud did his usual mad dash towards the group of squaddies with me in hot pursuit shouting followed by 2 burly men. Luckily i caught him when he stopped to sniff a poo. The bodyguards were very nice once they realised i was just an irate owner with out of control dog. Not sure if initially they thought Spud was a doggy terrorist!
Ali

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Re: What's your dog done that made you cringe ?
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:19 PM »
Last year we went to meet some friends who were away in their caravan and at lunchtime we called at a small cafe where I enquired if it was okay to bring a well behaved puppy in.

At that moment, Jinley threw up on the floor right in the middle of the cafe!!  Some swift placing of bags and blocking the view, it was up in a poo bag and wiped up without them even noticing.   ;) ;)

The other time was when we were out for a walk on a particularly muddy day and in the distance she saw somebody we recognised walking their dog.  She ran straight up to him and plonked to VERY muddy paws on his very clean grey trousers!!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 08:05:47 PM »
This reminds me of a tale my brother in law told me.

He is a policeman and had to do a house call to take a statement. As he knocked the door and was let in, an alsation that had been in the garden followed him in and curled up un the floor.

Whilst he was taking the statement he noticed the said alsation was circling and eventually left a giant Mr Whippy on the carpet. Thinking it strange that the woman he was interviewing made no comment or took any action to deal with her dog he got up to leave whereupon the woman said " aren't you going to take your dog with you?"  ph34r

Classic
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
This reminds me of a tale my brother in law told me.

He is a policeman and had to do a house call to take a statement. As he knocked the door and was let in, an alsation that had been in the garden followed him in and curled up un the floor.

Whilst he was taking the statement he noticed the said alsation was circling and eventually left a giant Mr Whippy on the carpet. Thinking it strange that the woman he was interviewing made no comment or took any action to deal with her dog he got up to leave whereupon the woman said " aren't you going to take your dog with you?"  ph34r

Classic
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
The football pitch story reminded me of something else that happened (luckily it wasnt Jinley but wanted to share)

On a Wednesday evening, our local fields are taken over by lots of footballers coming to train.  This usually restricts our walk to the top field as they glare at us if we take the dogs near them.  A friend who was walking his dog with us decided to run over the where they had left all of their clothes in lots of piles at the edge of the pitch.

His dog managed to cock his leg up almost every one of the piles  :005: :005: before they ran back to the end of the pitch where he was. 

Offline helenb14

• Donator
  • Seve
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
A small boy was catching crabs using bacon as bait, thought Seve was showing unusual interest in fishing until we realised he had snaffled all the boys bacon. Oops!  :D I could only apologise and now keep closer eye on him around fishermen, picnickers etc!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »
Dot had often been asked by the staff in her ward to take Milly in for everyone to see. Last year, a few weeks before she retired, we went down on a Sunday with Milly, newly groomed and ponging like a perfume factory  :005:.
Milly was on her best behaviour and was welcomed by all the staff and patients, tail wagging and giving everyone a polite lick on the hand or a cocker cuddle when asked for.
Just then, completely unexpectedly, one of the "suits" walked into the ward. She was a really nasty "Management" clone, disliked by the staff and a person with whom Dot had had many a run in over the ward staffing levels.
"What's this dog doing here" she said quite loudly, "Who's given permission for a dog to be on the ward ?".  "I have" said Dot and before another word could be said Milly took off straight for the management type, ears flapping, tail up and WooWoo ing at the top of her voice  :doh:.
The suit didn't stop running until she got to the car park while Milly was wagging her tail and doing circles just inside the ward doors.
Needless to say Milly was the heroine of the day and got spoiled silly for the next half hour. Funnily enough the management type didn't come back onto the ward for the rest of the time Dot was there but, in all fairness, she did contribute to Dot's retirement gift.

Milly's been back to the ward a few times since as Dot's replacement ward sister/manager is very much a dog person. She was told the story by the staff and fell about laughing saying that she'd have to bring her dog in to deal with management as well.......She's got a weimaranar though so management'll have to keep on their toes and wear running shoes  :005:.   

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »
Out walking with Friends and their dogs
"What's Cassie carrying?"...................... looked down and she had a durex package in her mouth.... luckily unopened !!
Lord alone knows where she had found it

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »
Quite a few years ago a friend of mine was dating a new guy and she had stayed over at his for the night (this happened to be at his parents house) They were all sat down for lunch having a chat with his parents the next day and the family cocker came running down the stairs wagging his tail with a pair of my friends knickers in his mouth  :005: I always have a giggle when I think of this.
When I was younger our family dog ran off ahead of me round a corner and as I caught up she ran straight into someones front door and into their dining room where they were all eating their lunch - I had to go in red faced apologising to drag her away. :013:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »
 >:D

About 8 years ago we were having an extension to our bungalow and the builders had their rather large yellow radio  on our lawn.  My then cocker, Harvey, was mooching in the garden and to my horror walked up to the radio, cocked his leg and peed all over it.  I was mortified but Bob, my builder, (honest), took it extremely well. 

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
Our friends looked after Mollie for a few hours for us when she was 4 months old.  Only being used to a cat, things were left around the house and much to Mollies delight she was able to make a quick grab for them and run outside into the garden with allsorts - including my friends dirty knickers stolen from the washing basket  :005:!! The games then began of not giving the items back and needless to say our friends were totally worn out when we collected her  :005:.

Have had a good laugh at reading all these posts!  :D

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »

HARVEY AGAIN.

Some years ago my OH and I were walking in Church Stretton, Shropshire.  We were on the final leg of the walk when we encountered a family sitting in our path enjoying a picnic on their travel rug.  There were about six of them sitting around the rug which was covered in various delicacies for lunch.  Harvey ran ahead and sat right in the middle of the rug looking from one to another expectantly.  Fortunately the mother was amused and said "and what would you like to eat Harvey".  She had heard me frantically calling his name.   

Harvey simply never understood that some people do not like dogs and would regularly stop on a walk and sit in front of someone approaching us as if to introduce himself.  If they did not respond to him his face was a picture like what the F.... is wrong with you.   He was the most marvellous cocker.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »
When I had my first cocker Sherwood I still lived at home with my parents. They were throwing a new years eve dinner party. Sherwood and his brother Will we're being very well behaved a quiet, keeping themselves occupied with chews we had bought them. Just before mum served the main course Sherwood made an appearance with a small, white string hanging from his mouth. He had raided the bathroom cabinet and found a box of certain ladies items.  :021: Mortified

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

HARVEY AGAIN.

Some years ago my OH and I were walking in Church Stretton, Shropshire.  We were on the final leg of the walk when we encountered a family sitting in our path enjoying a picnic on their travel rug.  There were about six of them sitting around the rug which was covered in various delicacies for lunch.  Harvey ran ahead and sat right in the middle of the rug looking from one to another expectantly.  Fortunately the mother was amused and said "and what would you like to eat Harvey".  She had heard me frantically calling his name.   

Harvey simply never understood that some people do not like dogs and would regularly stop on a walk and sit in front of someone approaching us as if to introduce himself.  If they did not respond to him his face was a picture like what the F.... is wrong with you.   He was the most marvellous cocker.

My William is like Harvey and definitely expects everyone we meet to say hello to him and admire him. He sits in front of them and tries to make eye contact with them :lol2:

He also joins in picnics but usually waits fairly politely to be given something. A few years ago he disappeared behind some gorse bushes on a summer evening New Forest walk and when I caught up with him he was sat in the middle of a circle of teenagers, all sat on the ground round one of those little disposable barbecues and was politely taking the bits of beefburger being offered to him :luv:

I think the most embarrassing thing he's ever done was when he peed on my friend Maria's lap. She and I were watching a DVD at her house and William jumped up on her lap and the floodgates opened :o. He doesn't cock his leg often so waits until the tank is full before going out for a pee and I think we hadn't been watching him to see if he needed out and the effort of jumping up onto Maria's lap just started things off :005:. Luckily she saw the funny side of it.

Offline ali2010

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »
Again when I was younger with Ben (our Rainbow boy) - I was walking him off lead along a footpath towards the local park at the back of kwik save on a nice sunny day.  Ben suddenly disappeared and I ran after him, he reappeared running at great speed out of the back door of kwick save with a very large T bone steak in his mouth with a butcher running after him shouting!!  Took me about 2 hours to get him back on his lead, there was no way anyone could have got the steak off him!!