Author Topic: Proud Mum  (Read 866 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
Proud Mum
« on: September 19, 2006, 08:25:07 AM »
 :shades: Can I gloat again :lol: :angel:
Indi and I were chosen to be on a demonstration team for our obedience club, she is comming on so well at the moment :D I 'm so pleased that we were asked,( go the cockers) as the club is very much dominated by border collies, and if you don't have one why are you bothering to try doing obedience especially with a cocker!!!!  they are a gundog it will take you quite a while, I've been told this so many times. Well she is not 2 years old till December and we will also be demonstrating agility  even at my agility club its the same I was told last week she's good but .... being a gundog you have got a problem with the nose being down try putting some vasilne on her nose.... I'll not be doing that. Here in Aust the cockers are'nt nearly as popular here, especially in the obedience, agililty there are a few, only one or two in the lower classes and two brilliant dogs that have many tittles above us and me with my two and a lot of the instructors have border collies or australian kelpies. The demonstration is to show the public how we train our dogs there is only 6 of us and not a border collie amongst us, golden retreiver, cavailier king charles, a pomeranian, nova scotia duck tolling retreiver, and me, gee seems like a lot of gun dogs to me  he he he
 lets hope she behaves herself and does her breed proud ;) and I don't trip over or turn left when I shoud have gone right :005:

We also tried our luck in the trial ring, not a real trial just a mock one the club runs before our class, shock shock, she actualy stood still for a stand for inspection :o :o this is a first, at the end I was told she had'nt lost a point heeling normal pace and slow pace stand for exam but then at fast pace she found something interesting on the ground and was'nt with me but I was so pleased as I know she usually does really well at fast pace so we are getting closer to our first trial.

GO THE COCKERS SUCH SMART DOGS
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Proud Mum
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:03:39 AM »
Congratulations! Go show 'em Indie!!!
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline debbie321

• Site Member