Author Topic: Is it healthy to have a dog sleeping in you're bed?  (Read 7636 times)

Offline Sammy Dog

• Site Member
Re: Is it healthy to have a dog sleeping in you're bed?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »
sam does sleep at the end of our bed, i dont think its a major problem as long as your dog is healthy ie no fleas!

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »
This thread reminds me of the old joke where a woman is telling her friend that the dog sleeps in her bedroom & her friend asks "but what about the smell?"  the dog's owner replies "oh, he soon got used to it"  :005: :005:

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
This thread reminds me of the old joke where a woman is telling her friend that the dog sleeps in her bedroom & her friend asks "but what about the smell?"  the dog's owner replies "oh, he soon got used to it"  :005: :005:
:rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:  That's exactly what I'm going to say the next time someone comments on my two sleeping with me!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2007, 09:46:16 PM »
this has been a strangely interesting thread!  :005:

i do get that it must be nice to snuggle up with your dogs but i'm definitely with the people who value a good night's sleep more.

barkers doesn't come upstairs at all and sleeps very happily in the kitchen. he and i do our snuggling on the sofa instead. :)
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline Tommo

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
I live like a nun and I like it that way  :005:  Why else would I let the doggies on the bed  ;)
I did live like a nun but managed to kick the habbit  :shades:...............

Sorry that was really bad but the best I could do after nights!

Offline Susie Q

• Site Member
  • My name is Susie and I am temporarily living in St
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I had to laugh at this and you’ve opened a real can of worms with your post. If I left Ruby on my bed she has tended (in the past )to pee on it. She‘s a light weight and will sleep at your feet without disturbing you .
The other two are a night mare to sleep with: Bling sits on my chest and snores into my face and Kiss growls every time I turn over.

I look like Quasimodo in the morning.

Dare I mention the joys of the little stains that they deposit when in season?

If I allow to Kiss to sleep on my bed once she will then sit outside my bedroom for a week howling to be let in. As it is , she is the first to wake up in the morning (thank you neighbour for slamming the lift door each day at five )and to demand to be let in .

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
barkers doesn't come upstairs at all and sleeps very happily in the kitchen. he and i do our snuggling on the sofa instead. :)

Just like Pop's... However she does sleep on our bed when we go away to my mum's or on holiday because she won't settle.
But when we come home she goes straight back to her bed in the kitchen... :angel:
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
Sleeping on the bed is a treat for Einstein that only happens when we take him on holiday with us. 

We (well I) would have him on the bed all the time if I could, but night time is for the two cats and thats when they sleep on the bed with us without any disturbance from the dogs.

The first time Einstein slept with us on holiday was because he wouldn't settle in a different room, we woke up with him stretched out on his back in the middle of us fast asleep, he looked so cute and we just watched him until he woke up.  He must have wondered what was going on when he opened his eyes and had two faces peering at him!
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007