Author Topic: show dogs can hunt!!!!!  (Read 779 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
show dogs can hunt!!!!!
« on: November 05, 2007, 12:08:53 AM »
A bit of a boast and very excited, as most are aware in Australia not much happens in the field with the cocker's, after joining various gundog groups being looked at >:( strangely when they see cocker's mostly Labs, GSP Vizulas, then the pointer and setter club let me join them just to get out in the field and I think they were amused by the idea ,although we impressed them with our water retrieves after 2 yrs finally found the working springer club ( even longer story why so hard to find but will spare you that). We went out with a lovely man and his wife in the rain just wanted to have them assessed see if they have what it takes maybe I'm just living in a dream world. It was so much fun he had two working springers, it was great to see them bounding around with noses stuck to the ground. So he told me to let them off see what they do, well noses to ground going from side to side, they were in  heaven me not telling them off for noses down, Indi actually flushed a rabbit to my surprise, shame I was calling her back at the time worried she was getting too far away from me she did  come back part way then ran back to where it went. So now all the distraction training I was given great advise and offered help anytime. Kody they used the word bidable he just does what she she does thought he might have been on a scent at once stage but who knows now I have to wait till winter to really get stuck into it snakes are comming out and tick season so it will only be sports grounds for training with short grass, they seemed to be impressed with the raw talent and obedience skills (without rabbit Pooh and other distractions)
So look out springers here we come :005: :005: Oh I wish.  Both came home wet tired, exhausted but very happy puppies
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: show dogs can hunt!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
woo hoo!! way to go! once upon a time ALL cockers could hunt regardless what they looked like so its in there somewhere..
 well done! :luv:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:34:57 PM »
Well done! Your dogs will just love it!

Here in the States English Cockers aren't a common breed, working cockers even less so, so everyone ends up training with Springers  :005: In fact until the National club finally woke up  ::) Cocker trials were usually piggy-backed on to Springer trials
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »
Went to obedience last night, Indi is still on cloud nine so hyperactive!!! normally her only flaw is stand for exam, she wiggles too much. But last night, nose stuck down couldn't do a recall got the fidgets waiting for me to call, then on the sit stay got the fidgets, drop stays managed to crawl without getting up closer to where she wanted to sniff :005: :005: Just when we thought she had got it!!! back to the drawing board it was worth it just to see her face of excitement over the rabbit although I have entered them both in obedience trials at the end of the month lets hope they have settled by then ;) ;)
Owned and trained by two mad cockers