Author Topic: Names  (Read 5291 times)

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
Re: Names
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
Husband is an Arsenal supporter so it had to be "Gunner"  ::) His full name is "Gunners Glorey"

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
I prefer the more unusual names like our Chico,Cilla & Doris.

Now mom has a Doris  ::) I have to have my Colin OR Brian  :005:

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »

my next pup will be .....ha ha nope not telling, you'll have wait and see  ;)

Erm more to the point WHEN will the next pup be????

oh a little while yet ...I wanna enjoy Aidee as a youngster still and wait till he settles into adulthood before I get another. And with George being 12 (although 2 at heart) and Linus 10 and half..I think they cope really well with one whippersnapper ;)
But the names are ready for number 5  :shades:

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
Ah I see much like us really, we know we want another not sure when or whether to get a pup or a rescue! We have names ready and waiting for a boy anyhow :005:
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
I prefer the more unusual names like our Chico,Cilla & Doris.

Now mom has a Doris  ::) I have to have my Colin OR Brian  :005:
colin and brian are both in my top 4 boys names, along with wilson (which we have!) and sawyer,you have good taste!  :lol2:
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
I chose "Roxy" after the surfwear brand after our trip to Australia at the end of 2006. I already had loads of Roxy clothes too, I bought a Roxy hand bag in Perth and decided from there that we were going to look for a girly CS and she's be all black and would be called Roxy. We also had the name "Billa" short for Billabong too...it's a girly thing i know.  :005:
OH wanted Freddie for (Freddie Flintoff and Monty as in Monty Panasar after the England Cricketers) if we chose a boy. He also wanted Rooney but that was definately a NO GO!  >:D  :005:
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline Dotties Mum

• Site Member
  • I didnt do it Mum
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »
Dottie came with her name, although she had been Lottie before the breeder changed it back
Ernie is after Morcambe and Wise, we intend to get another boy and call him Eric :D

got a lovely name for a girl but not telling that until we get her!
Cockers make the day worth while

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
Dottie came with her name, although she had been Lottie before the breeder changed it back
Ernie is after Morcambe and Wise, we intend to get another boy and call him Eric :D

got a lovely name for a girl but not telling that until we get her!
Couldn't you just give the gorgeous Ernie to me and save yourself the trouble  :005:

Offline mad 4 cockers

• Site Member
  • Alfie & Charlie
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
Alfie was 18mths old when we got him we liked the name so he kept it. His registered name is Magical Lad.
Charlie was a Diesel when we got him but he didn't look like a Diesel :005: so he ended up Charlie. But the strange thing is when his paper work came through his registered name is Charlie Brown :005:

Jane

Offline pat anderson

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
Seeing as Bonnie is a Portuguese rescue, we wanted something related to Portugal - she was called Goldie but had only had that for 2 weeks. So we called her Bonnie - short for Bonitto ( beautiful  in Portuguese)

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 09:25:19 PM »
I am not sure if there has been a thread about this before but yesterday we had a practice day for the PAT dogs crufts display (Maudie was very naughty lol while Muppet was very sedate)

I know you were behind us but I didn't think Maudie was naughty!  That golden lab on the front line was a bit of a pest though.  Muppet was sedate coz she was bored to tears I think.  Either that or her pyjarmas were chaffing!.

Muppet was just named Muppet.  I thought of it before I saw her.  I was able to choose her KC name and Powerscourt Pandemonium also seemed v. apt.

We did think longer and harder about Dizzy's name but again, never a dog more aptly named.
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline dylan

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
when i had my son nearly 8 years ago it was a toss up between danny and dylan, danny won so it was only natural to call my next boy dylan :luv:  :005:
Tina and Dylan

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 12:43:48 AM »
remembered the Ray Davies & the Kinks song - Lola - and she became Lola Cherri Cola.  On reflection - listening to the lyrics in great detail - I think Lola was a Lady Boy  :o :o :o

I think you might be right  :005:

Before she arrived Wherry was going to be Pingo or Sweep but neither fit. Knowing so many dogs posed a problem as so many names were taken (Peanut, Pickle (sorry Nic, I love it), Twix, Coco etc) Wherry, and i've told thiks before but, is that because it's a very Norfolk thing. A kind of native boat and a beer. When she arrived she looked like a pint of Guiness, brown with a creamy white puff but there was already a Guiness & Murphy amongst friends, Gunnie's Mum wants to call her daughter Stella so that was a no go so we went to the pub to have a think about it and there it's was 'Norfolk's finest Wherry'. I'd usually avoid naming an animal after a beer, but we're by no means drunkards or louts (well, most of the time  :005:) and it fit her well.
Lots of people hate it but we love it and she suits it down to the ground.

If we have another liver it will be called, if it fits, Elbie, (from LB from Little bear) which Wherry nearly was and I still call her little bear sometimes when she is as her cutest.
Should we ever get a boy, though it's very unlikely, it'll have to be called Nelson, another Norfolk thing and a beer by the same brewery. We have since become friends with the daughter of the brewery owner who thinks it's very cool  :shades: and our local rugby club is sponsered by it, I'm trying to get her to be a mascott for either :005:

Our Poppy was so called because she was a red setter though apparantly my brother and me wanted to call her Madonna  :lol2:
Coco was such because she had markings like a clown as a pup and she was a lady like Coco Chanel.
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
Before she arrived Wherry was going to be Pingo or Sweep but neither fit. Knowing so many dogs posed a problem as so many names were taken (Peanut, Pickle (sorry Nic, I love it), Twix, Coco etc) 

Maybe Rodaidh should have been yours cos not only was he called Pickle but the first time Elisa met him she took one look and said, 'he looks like a Peanut' and that's what she calls him  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »
I am not sure if there has been a thread about this before but yesterday we had a practice day for the PAT dogs crufts display (Maudie was very naughty lol while Muppet was very sedate)

I know you were behind us but I didn't think Maudie was naughty!  That golden lab on the front line was a bit of a pest though.  Muppet was sedate coz she was bored to tears I think.  Either that or her pyjarmas were chaffing!.

Lol Maudie was bored also which is why she kept barking at me to play  :005: You cant take her anywhere  :005: She wanted to eat the rabbit poo and roll in whatever else was on the ground then she thought digging a hole may be a good idea?????
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x