Author Topic: proud to be a cocker owner  (Read 1775 times)

ziggy

proud to be a cocker owner
« on: March 18, 2004, 09:28:34 PM »
is anyone else as daft as me (sure you all are)how fantastic are these dogs,lets all let rip on how fab we think this breed is,and all the brilliant things they do,,all the feelings they give us,ie,,just look at them do we not melt,come on cocker lovers tell me and jasper why  they melt us ,and why they just make us gush,slush and love em,jaspers watching ,,,,so here we go,,jasper makes me melt because he throws his head back into my neck,and those eyes,well need i say more,,lets get gushy :lol:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 09:34:56 PM »
Toby is adorable and I am converted to cockers in a big way now. He has a fantastic personality. He adores kids and loves playing with them, he plays with the local children at the park as well as my children and he is a real character. He is also a huge cuddle monster, nothing beats having him on my lap snuggling into me sleepily.
I am definitely converted. I adore my English setter Millie, and love lots of breeds, but I have such a soft spot for cockers now and I feel I will always want to have one  :D                    

ziggy

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 09:47:47 PM »
yep,,once bitten always a cocker lover xx                    

Offline Busters Dad

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 08:29:26 PM »
I have mostly been a terrier man before little Buster came along.
I wanted another terrier but She Who Must Be Obeyed had designs on a Cocker Spaniel.
Mutuall agreement reached, Cocker Spaniel sourced, and now ??, now our house is a home once more.
I have fallen for Buster in a very big way, his character, his zest for life, his companionship and last but not least, the devotion and love he gives, 24/7.
Mike.                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 09:19:45 PM »
i love cockers so much im sure if everyone else had a cocker to look after for a week they would be a cocker lover too :P i know 3 of my freinds looked after my cockers a different times  :wink:  these are people who had other breeds airdales. labs and boxers  and went straight out and bought one thats got to say somthing  :lol:  now we each take it in turn to look after each others dogs , sometimes someone gets landed with 3 cockers  at once , my time hasent come to deal with 3 but im sure when they get together there nutty as hell :) i think it might do bell some good as her last stay with toby left her a little scared of other dogs , but in her own home it may be different , she dident like toby to much last time she stayed hopefuly emily will be a little nicer the toby was with her  :lol: im not sure if beau will be to pleased 3 more cockers with wet noses in his face  :lol:                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 11:57:46 AM »
I could gush for England about Cockers.  They are simply the best dogs in the world.  I got my first blue roan Cocker, Teddy about 33 years ago (we were thinking of getting a Sheltie!!). Despite becoming epileptic from the age of about 8, Teddy lived to the age of 14 & was a wonderful companion.  Teddy was followed by the late, great Robin (the wonderdog). He was an Orange & White & was just soooo special. I lost him 3 years ago yesterday at the age of 15 years 9 months & there isn't a day goes by that I don't think about him.  Whilst we had Robin we acquired Bess who is now very nearly 12, she is the first bitch I have ever had & although I love her to bits, she's very different in nature to the dogs, she's more independent & not as loving or clingy as the boys.  She will allow me to pick her up for a cuddle & will stay on my knee for a few minutes but then when she's had enough she struggles & climbs down.

Last weekend I adopted Dillon. He's about 5 years old & due to an accident in his previous home has only one eye.  He is extremely loving just like the other boys I've had. He's very much a Mummy's boy, as soon as I sit down he's there on my knee, if I'm standing up he climbs onto the back of the nearest chair & nudges my hand so that I stroke him, he just loves attention & is a real cuddle monster.  He likes nothing better than to climb on my knee & sleep whilst I'm watching television in an evening. Although I've only had him a week, I can't now imagine life without him. He had a little fight with Bess last week over a Bonio & it worried me to death for a couple of days but now everything has settled down & I have a wonderful, beautiful pair of blue roan cockers of whom I am very proud.

OK - gush over.  It's someone else's turn to gush now.                    

Offline milo's mum

• Site Member
    • http://www.pearshape.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 10:00:33 PM »
I agree completely. They just bring so much fun and happiness into your life...                    
Jackie, Steve and Milo.

ziggy

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 08:14:10 PM »
busters dad,,i,ve just read your reply and have had a real good titter,so funny,when you said about chivas regal,, :wink:                    

ziggy

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 08:17:46 PM »
i,m still gushing,cause jasper can now play "can u catch" he is sooo funny,i have to get a jelly baby and say the words,and he does it and runs the length of the lounge so proud that he caught it ,and "let me see the teeth"and he shows me awwwwwwwww :lol:

gush love what a sentimental old fool i am :wink:  :lol:  :lol: