Author Topic: Very Sad News  (Read 4694 times)

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Very Sad News
« on: March 22, 2004, 10:58:56 PM »
Have been working up to writing this and having just cried on a few shoulders here goes. On Friday we had to have our Alfie our first cocker put to sleep he was only 4 years old. The vet  after being told what had happened the night before and seeing our baby was 99% sure he had had a brain heamorage, and advised us it would be best for him to go peacefully. This was the hardest thing we have ever had to do.

I aplogise to every I met on Sunday for not telling you, but I just couldnt talk about it and found it easier to put on a brave face.

I do believe that Alfie was looking over Paris  when she was in the ring and was placed. (well I like to think that).

Thankyou to everyone who has let me cry on their shoulder Joan, Nikki Poos and Topaz Billy.                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Very Sad News
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 11:18:11 PM »
Oh so so sorry to hear that. Can only imagine what you must be going through. Thinking of you and you family at this sad time Sue.

Samx                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Very Sad News
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:32:20 PM »
Oh Susan thats such very sad news  :cry: you have made a very difficult but very brave decision. Thinking of you at this very sad time.                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Very Sad News
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:34:09 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear your news Susan - it must be heartbreaking to lose Alfie at such a young age :cry: Sometimes life can be so cruel :( I still don't find it easy to talk about Katie who we lost last year so can well imagine what you're going through now. It does get better in time & one day you'll be able to remember the happy times without feeling so sad.

Thinking of you all

Jane                    
Jane

Offline PennyB

Very Sad News
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 11:46:03 PM »
That's so sad. Am really sorry to hear this news. I can really understand about not wanting to tell everyone sometimes about this sort of thing as it can be so upsetting. Just think though he's running free at the bridge.

Penny :cry:                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 12:52:49 AM »
aww :( i know how you feel 3 yrs today my golden cocker girl passed away , i wanted to go up and put a flower on her grave but kept puttig it off and its just past the day now .ill go up tommoro and do it .
im sure hes running free in peace and pain free ,I felt a huge weight had lifted of my shoulders as there was no more pain but i still really miss her she was my baby , just rember the good times you had with him :) im really sorry to  hear your sad news :(                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Very Sad News
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 07:20:48 AM »
Susan

So sorry to hear your sad news but as Gilly has said what a very brave decision you made and what care you have shown by letting Alfie go with dignity.

Take care

Dessie                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Busters Dad

• Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 07:37:17 AM »
Susan, I have to admit to shedding a tear or two myself when reading your post.
I have great empathy with you, I too had to make that terrible decision four years ago with my Lakeland Terrier. He had suffered with Colitis for over twelve months and there came a time when his quality of life was starting to be affected.
The decision was a tough one for I loved Corky dearly, I wanted him to live forever, but I also new I could not allow myself to let Corky live in pain.
We had such memorable times together, but time does heal and now we have Buster who is just adorable.
Whatever you do, please do not beat yourself up over the tough decision you had to make. I did and it took me much longer than it should have done before I felt ready to offer a new dog a loving home.
My thought are with you.
MIke.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Very Sad News
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 07:48:37 AM »
I don't really know what to say Susan :cry:  It must be heartbreaking to lose them at a young age but I like the idea that he was looking over you and Paris - just hold on to that thought and hopefully it will help get you through this very sad time.  I'll be thinking of you all today :cry:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Very Sad News
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 08:24:30 AM »
So Sorry to hear you sad news  :(                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 08:37:42 AM »
Am so so sorry to hear your news.

Thoughts are with you.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 08:41:31 AM »
Sorry to hear your sad news :cry: .  It's hard enough to say goodbye when they are old and have had a long life but it must be heartbreaking to lose a dog so young.  It is a brave thing that you did.  You're in our thoughts .                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Very Sad News
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 08:45:39 AM »
Sue

I am so sorry. You did what was best for Alfie.

Sending you a big hug :cry:                    
Anita

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 09:17:54 AM »
Very sorry to hear this sad news Susan - and thinking of you at this time  :(                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Very Sad News
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 09:19:43 AM »
Susan,   i'm so sorry to hear such sad news.  :(  He was a realy handsome and gentle  boy.

We all know how you must be feeling right now.  :(

It was a brave decision you made for him, but the right one.

Thinking of you Susan. ((( hugs )))                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~