Author Topic: Colouring  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Colouring
« on: March 24, 2004, 05:47:38 PM »
Jazz is a light Blue roan, but i have a question... she seems to have 3 tiny ginger/red patchs around her lower mouth and under her eye.

Is this normal for puppies or is it an indication of a difference of colour.

cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Colouring
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 11:11:03 PM »
I don't think this is anything to do with Jazz's colour as such - sounds like staining which does tend to show up more on the lighter colours. Around the mouth, it's probably food/saliva staining & under her eye is perhaps a tear stain which isn't that uncommon.                    
Jane

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Colouring
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 06:33:53 PM »
I have been monitoring the 'stains' around Jazz'z mouth and under her eye . They do not seem to be reducing in time. WShe does not eat food with strong colouring, only burns.

Can anyone recommend anything to get rid of these marks.

Will this affect if i want to show her?

Cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Colouring
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:04:50 PM »
Try wiping her mouth with a damp tissue after shes been fed and also hr eyes. With her eyes wipe upwards gently, not down, that spreads the stain further.

The staingin is not to do with colouring inthe food but the PH values of the saliva which can be affected by food. I found a bit of tomato ppuree mixed with a bit of water and then the food helps. Doesn't disappear overnight - but will go in time. My Orange boy had a terrible eye stain at one bit - he has none now after following the regime above.

hth

PS - it won't stop you showing her but of the stains under the eyes in particular are bad then it will go against her and it is avoidable - so get the tomatoe going :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Colouring
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 08:43:29 PM »
What sort of quantity of tomato puree and salt water are we talking about? Paddy has eye stains, so I would like to give it a go                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Colouring
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 09:04:59 PM »
I don;t use salt water, just plain and I use about a desertspoon of Tom Puree to two ish of water. It's not an exact science - so a squirt and a splash will do:D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Colouring
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 10:59:09 PM »
Ok, thanks.  I'll give it a go