Author Topic: How often do you bath your dog?  (Read 3175 times)

Offline paul the decorator

• Site Member
How often do you bath your dog?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 05:15:25 PM »
Hi,

Smudge has a shower about every 2 weeks in this weather and sometimes once a week . Always on a Friday night ready for the weekend and visitors.
We put him in the shower since he was a puppy to get used to it.
He has a light lead on which is tied to the handrail/ grabrail and the shower just on warm.
I use a shampoo with inclusive conditioner which brings his coat up really glossy.
Smudge is white underneath so he goes a light golden colour after a weeks running on the meadows and days in the long run with his mate Basil the springer spaniel.
You can imagine what they are both like after a run on the meadows first thing in the mornings.
What Smudge loves about the shower ( which he puts up with ) is what comes after....................
Onto the kitchen table and out with the hair drier , if he was a cat he would be in puuuuuurfect heaven.
His head goes up and he closes his eyes and every so often a gentle sigh escapes.
The trouble is my wife can't use the drier without Smudge going mad with her till she spends a few minutes blowing him.
We stick him in bath with the shower head on the floor of the bath and rinse him off that way.
Have plenty off towels ready.
P.s. I always where some old gear as you can get a wee bit wet.

Byeee.                    

Offline BentleyBrewster

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 01:07:10 AM »
Getting my new pup in about 6 weeks now. :D  But no bath in our house only shower. What am I to do? :?  I like to bath a dog regularly. Is it a case of getting in the shower with new dog? In bathing costume !! lol :oops:  Then while I'm drying her I'll be freezing to death. :cry:  
The shower nozzle is fixed so a baby bath at the base of the shower will not work. Any ideas? :?
Chris

just because you currently have a fixed shower head doesn't mean you cannot retrofit it with a new hand held shower massager which is what we use on our dogs .... pick one up at Wal-Mart or Target most of them install in seconds (okay minutes! ;) )  these days ... i do recommend you buy a quality one however they hold up much longer!

enjoy your new pup ...ours is going to be 4 mos old tomorrw! we are having a blast! :)                    
-Michael
U.S.A.

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 11:20:59 AM »

enjoy your new pup ...ours is going to be 4 mos old tomorrw! we are having a blast! :)

Just had to say what a gorgeous pup! I just love the expression on his(?) face!                    

Offline devondumpling

• Site Member
    • www.gwbertcockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »
Thank you BentlyBrewster thats a great idea. I knew there was an answer to my problem will get the OH on the job!
Love your pup.Can't wait to be able to post a pic there.                    

Offline BentleyBrewster

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 10:55:48 PM »

Just had to say what a gorgeous pup! I just love the expression on his(?) face!

Yes he IS a he! The Avatar pic was taken the night brought him home ... His name is simply Bentley .... i wanted to name him Brewster but my wife won the battle :)                    
-Michael
U.S.A.

Offline BentleyBrewster

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 10:58:31 PM »
Thank you BentlyBrewster thats a great idea. I knew there was an answer to my problem will get the OH on the job!
Love your pup.Can't wait to be able to post a pic there.

your welcome .... the best kind to buy are the ones that are easy to clean ... the holes are made of rubber and you can unclog the hardwater simply by pushing your thumb over them.....  gees i hope that makes sense...... we got ours at Wal-Mart i think it was about $35                    
-Michael
U.S.A.

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 11:36:49 PM »
mabe argos or index will do them then . walmart is part of asda so if your out shopping next time pop in there :)                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 08:56:37 AM »
My 2 get showered every day at the moment, to get rid of all that mud they keep attracting on their walks but I don't use any shampoo/conditioner. I guess its basically a rinse through as its a lot easier/cleaner in the long run than brushing out the mud later (they're wet anyway so what's more water).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 05:28:56 AM »
It really depends on the weather and how many shows we happen to attend monthly ;). But mine get washed with shampoo + conditioner (PetSilk/BioGroom) 1-5 times/month  :P .                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion