Author Topic: Friend for Paddy  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Friend for Paddy
« on: April 04, 2004, 03:53:46 PM »
I have the chance of taking on a friend for Paddy, a blue roan girl Molly just under 1 year old, do you think this would be a good or bad idea?  I'm a fulltime mum, don't work so I am at home most of the time.

Paddy and Molly have been friends for the past 6 months we often go out walking together and they seem to get along great.  Do you think it would be the same if it was  24/7?

Molly is very sweet, quite tiny and I hate the thought of her being rehomed to somebody she doesn't know........(her current owner has started work fulltime and feels it unfair to leave Molly on her own all day)

What do you all think, help me out here please :D I feel I could cope, but don't want to upset Paddy in doing so.                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Friend for Paddy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:56:40 PM »
how old is paddy now ? :lol: i hear normaly the males tend to relax with females about i may be wrong  , if i were you id go with what my heart told me . im sure someone will be round with some techincal talk ,hopefuly you can have a good think from there :)                    

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Friend for Paddy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 05:00:07 PM »
Paddy is a week older than Molly, so both of them coming up a year old, he has been castrated so that won't be a problem with a bitch in the house, I would really love to take Molly on........I'm 90% certain it will be ok, just really need to hear it from somebody else to tell me it will be ok.........lol. :D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Friend for Paddy
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 05:49:18 PM »
Hi Jenny,

Would it maybe be possible for you to take Molly for a weekend and see how they get on together int he house?  Then you will be able to see how Paddy copes with the new living arrangements :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Friend for Paddy
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 06:59:28 PM »
I suppose I could try it for a couple of days this week, my friend starts her new job tomorrow (Monday) so if I take her at least she won't be at home on her own all day.

Thanks for the suggestion :D                    

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Friend for Paddy
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 08:06:53 PM »
Hi,

we took on Sonny sister when sonny was 14mths and they get on just fine, as well as us having 2 other dogs. They are both 21mths now and never a cross growl :)                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang