Author Topic: Names  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Names
« on: April 04, 2004, 10:18:56 PM »
Here we go :!:  I have a couple of jobs for you all. :wink:

1) I Need help thinking up some hopeful pedigree names for 1 girl and 2 boys :? .  i don't normally go with themes but seeing as they were born on the 29th Feb i want the word LEAP in there.  So far i have ......

Leap For Joy - girl
        Leap for It - boy
        Leap of Faith - boy

And i need 2 more boy names and 1 girl
 :)
2) I'm now most likely going to be keeping a boy and seeing as i had only chosen a girls pet names i need help thinking up different/interesting 8)  boy pet names.  I have previously had Micky, Victor and Owen so i think you can get a sense of my taste.  I Did think of Mark or Andy but everyone looked at me like i was mad  :roll:  so maybe not

Any help will be gratefully received

:oops:  :P  :oops:  :D Torie and co xx                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

ziggy

Names
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 10:36:49 PM »
hi torie,,what about dave,,,or cass,short for cassidy,maybe archie,finn,gabriel, danny,chuck,charly,could go on all night  :lol: hope that helps   p.s.  what about nicky,finlay,branson,,don,t call him brett,it means plank in german :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Names
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 12:05:43 PM »
Hi Torie.....

I have come up with....

Quantam Leap
One Giant Leap
Calander Girl (I know it's not got leap in it  :lol: )
Gregorian Girl (as in the Gregorian Calander)

for a boy.....how about Julian (as in the Julian Calander)  :)                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Names
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 01:03:32 PM »
Hi Torie....  Ive come up with

Leap over the Rainbow

Leap in the Raindrops

Leap over the Moon

Leap for Peace

Boris  Barney    Basil  Benny Cyril   Freddy  Oscar  Ollie Harvey                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Names
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 05:20:17 PM »
Heehee!

Torie, you need to come up with some more pet names that aren't as common! lol! A name out of the ordinary! Too many dogs are being called HarveY!  :lol: But you don't really want those funny looks people get in the park when they call their dogs with really weird names!  :wink:

P.s. you could try tying the show name in with the pet name if you know what I mean. Can't really think of any names at the mo...under pressure.
Will be thinking of some. Its a hard task, I know! :twisted:

Good Luck                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Names
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 06:31:41 PM »
What is your affix Torie as this usually helps even more when thinking of matching pedigree names ??

Leap Around
Leap Onboard
Leap Overboard                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Names
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 08:55:31 PM »
Hi Torie,

how about

Lord a Leapin'  (like in "on the first day of Christmas")
Leap in Time
Leap in Love

And as for boys names, I love unusual names like Nikki said, I wanted to call Jenni Freya, but Tris was having none of it! :D :roll:

How about (gets the 50,000 baby names book off the shelf above her computer desk :roll: )

Abe
Akash (Hindi for Sky)
Archer
Baxter
Baldwyn (bold friend in German)
Beasley
Cosmo
Denzel
Dillon
Mackenzie
Nelson
Parker

I could go on ..  :D                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Names
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 09:05:08 PM »
Mmmm.....only ones that come to mind are:

Leaps and bounds

Look before you Leap

As for a boys name, how about Vince?  Thought it fitted with your other names.                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
Names
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 04:54:39 PM »
Look before you Leap

Hey Mary, I'm liking this one!  :wink: I can't think of any decent show names at the mo. When I think Leap, the famous words keep poppin up in my head! :roll: I will keep thinkin. Can think of plenty wacky pet names tho! Don’t worry I will keep em 2 myself :wink:                    

ziggy

Names
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 08:21:04 PM »
leapers creepers,where d,you get that guy :wink:                    

Offline Tori

Names
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 10:41:31 AM »
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the suggestions, this is the 1st chance i've had to log on for a while as i've just got the pups back home and i'm trying to catch up with all the missed time wasting  :roll: - I'll post some piccies when i get to grip with down loading them :lol:

Great Suggestions for both ped and pet names

Dessie my affix is Shannara if thats any help, i like different eye catching names normally.  My last boy was called SuchaCharmer - and he was :wink:

Nikki i agree with you on different names - Harvey is getting like sooo common :lol:  :lol: HeHe

I did think of the name Mike or Ferdie.  Just to confuse you all again :roll:  i might end up keeping the girl and have changed my mind from Daisy to Poppy, but it will proberly change a few more times :?

Thanks again

Torie & the little ones                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
Names
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 10:52:39 AM »
Heehee! There will only be one HarveY 4 me!  :lol: Such a naughty little boy...but e iz loved to bits! (and he knows it)  :D - I think its because of the Drontal plus add on t.v (with the dog being called harvey...or maybe the dog in men in black 2) ? dunno?!?

Anyway...Can't wait 2 see some cute puppy pics!

Nic x                    

Offline Tori

Names
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 04:25:23 PM »
Can't wait 2 see some cute puppy pics!

Nic x

I've done it :!:    :!:
I've finally worked out how to download from the camera  :roll:  Have a look in the puppies file in the gallery if you want to have a peak :)

Torie x                    
Tori & Co x