Author Topic: Burns food  (Read 1259 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Burns food
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:30:30 PM »
Anyone use it? If so, opinions?
It sounds great, natural ingredients, also works out quite economical too. It's also made by a company who do not endorse cruelty to animals during experiments  :D
So I trotted off to the local pet shops and the pet supermarket, and all they do is Iams, James Wellbeloved and Hills.
It seems I will have to buy Burns online, so I'd love to hear people's experiences of the food before I buy.                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Burns food
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 08:42:57 PM »
I received some free samples from their website last week and they also informed me of my nearest stockist (you can also look this up on their website).  They sent alot of information too which was quite useful along with a £2 off voucher. :wink:

Lottie ate her samples with relish.  I will definately be buying some.                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Burns food
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 08:47:28 PM »
I use  Burns on my Lab Nell. Were very impressed with it. We started the bag on the 14 Feb, and weve still got over a third of the bag left.

Also hardly any poo at all. Little chipolatas as my oh half puts it.  :lol:

If you ring them up they will send you a couple of free samples. And if you have any problems or queries,  there is a free  helpline, and you can also talk directly to a nutrionist.

They will also tell you your nearest stockist.

oops sorry Mary we must have been posting at the same time.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Burns food
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 10:05:45 PM »
I weaned Jazz onto Burns puppy meal almost as soon as we got her. Its all shes eaten since, and loves it. The only concern i have is the amount i am feeding her, it never seems enough, but i have spoken to burns and they reassure me hte amounts is normal.

I recently took Jazz to the Vets and they said that burns wasn't great as it had  of number of bits of food that a dog wouldn't eat natuarlly... i have to say i ignored this as they seemed intent on selling me the one they sold..

I was using water and milk with it, but have recently started giviing her the food dry , and am hoping she starts to slow down and start acutally eating her food, rather than gobberling it down without it touching the sides...

i have no plans to change her food, and it does work out very cheap.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Burns food
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 10:11:07 PM »
I feed it to two of mine and they love it....but then, they would eat anything :wink:  I gave them the Venison variety the other week when I couldn't get my usual 15kg bag, and they absolutely devoured it :roll:  A 15kg bag lasts me ages - I can't get it from our pet shops either so I order it via the works wholesalers which means I get it at cost price 8)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Burns food
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:33:43 PM »
I have changed fairly recently to Burns and my two love it!  My 18month ol dog has been a fussy eater from birth and since changing to Burns she can't wait for me to put the bowl down!                    
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline PennyB

Burns food
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:42:47 PM »
I've just weaned my 2 on to it and the cats on to their cat food. They all love it so I'm happy. I can also say there is less poo which I found hard to beleive as well from the blurb.

My petshop is great at getting hold of most foods including Burns (its only a small one as well run locally). Why not try yours.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Burns food
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 05:54:21 PM »
Thanks all. I'm going to ask the petshop, in the meantine I've order 15kg of it via the web, just waiting for it to arrive now. I might get some of the cat food too. I got free postage which was nice  :D