Author Topic: K9 feelings  (Read 821 times)

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
K9 feelings
« on: April 11, 2004, 05:35:41 PM »
:( I never thought that the dogs would show their feelings like this: we left our 12-week old Bailey alone for a bit longer than usually. We did not mean to but we got stuck in the traffic.  We were anxious to get to him as I knew he must be very hungry and upset.

When we arrived home Bailey's tail was wagging but he did not "jump for joy" on seeing us but was just looking at us.  -- What  is going on? - Maybe I just give him his dinner, I said to my husband. Bailey walked to his bowl. (Usually he runs.) He looked into it and walked back to where he had been sitting and continued to look at us. - Is he upset? He did look very upset.  I picked him up and cuddled him very gently and after some considerable time I noticed that the ice was melting and he started to forgive us.

I put his food bowl down again and he gobbled his food, ran into his bed and burbed very loudly.  We burst out laughing and thought What a performance!  Bailey was telling us off for leaving him alone for such a long time - on a Saturday night!! We'll never do it again.  Sorry, Bailey.                    

Offline CockerMad

• Site Member
K9 feelings
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 06:03:31 PM »
Oh, bless him.

Sounds like he was just letting you know he was a bit put out. Lucky for us doggies don't hold grudges for long :D