Author Topic: How many of you are rescue dog owners!?  (Read 5214 times)

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
Re: How many of you are rescue dog owners!?
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »
We're lucky enough to share our home with lots of animals, all of whom are rescues. Both our dogs and our foster dog are rescues, although the first few months with them are always demanding, the dogs (and ferrets and cockatiels) have always repaid this and more by becoming so loving and trusting. I find it really rewarding.  :blink:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline madden060

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »
I got Molly (previously Holly) from Four Paws Rescue in Cardiff at the beginning of March and since we have had her our lives have changed for the better.  She is an absolute charmer and loves everyone.  She is still quite shy and a little frightened of other dogs.  We don't know about her previous life and really don't want to.  She has a lovely life now with us as we do with her.  She's naughty, steals socks and hides them in the garden, brings in fallen apples from the garden and hides them all over the house.  She has such a personality and we love her.

Offline LittleMiss

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2008, 06:38:28 AM »
Our cocker Bobby is a rescue. We found him at Llanelli dog kennels and were told that he was a terribly naughty dog and was always ill.
Since having him I am struggling to remember a time when he has been naughty....he is the most loving dog and just needs a bit more looking after as he's a bit scared of other doggies.
As for being ill, now that he wears a collar that doesn't choke him  :'( and has his conjuctivitus (sorry about spelling) treated and is looked after....guess what???? Yes, he's fine!!!

We often think about the family who treated him like that and then put him in that kennel and walked away, makes me want to cry now and we've had him 2 years!

Anyway, we love him and wouldn't be without him now  :luv: