Author Topic: What makes your cocker special  (Read 4111 times)

Offline dog22

• Site Member
  • Benji loved forever- together now with Rosie dog
Re: What makes your cocker special
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 12:43:28 AM »
Benji my cocker was special because he didnt have a bad bone in his body.I dont know why his last family wanted shot of him because he was the best companion and so kind.He is more special now because I dont have him any more just memories.When I was looking for a dog after my collie cross was pts aged 16 and a half I was looking for a smaller dog.4 months searching and along came Benji.I knew nothing about cockers.He was 5 and a half stone and I had to quickly get aquainted with the breed.But he was great in all ways.Special. :luv:

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:34 AM »
Tilly was my family's first cocker, got her as a rescue aged 18 mnths - she was very special to me as she got me thru some very dark times. Was devastated when she died (house fire) in 2001 as it felt like I'd lost a sister/best friend.

Along came Lady (my very own cocker!) in July 2004 - very special girl, rescued her from the RSPCA as a 7 yr old - she'll be 12 yrs old in July and 5 yrs since I got her. She's a typical stubborn red-head (orange roan) and will let you know very definitely if she does or doesnt want /to do something. Love the way she'll smooch up when she's done something naughty! I love her so much  :luv: :luv:

Offline OzCockerMum

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:22:20 AM »
Jesie is special because I couldn't live without her!  She's never been a snuggly sort of dog but she seems to know when I need a a cuddle.  She is extremely intune with me and my moods and can pick up I'm getting sick before I know I'm getting sick!

She's just wonderful
Two Humans, Two Dogs, Two Cats
Life is never peaceful!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 05:44:59 AM »
Misha is my special baby as she also mended my broken heart when I lost Indie my first cocker spaniel.  Indie was only a year old when I lost her, and two weeks before that I lost my horse as well.  Really didn't know what to do with myself as all my reasons for going outside were lost. Seemed pointless going for a walk, just wasn't the same.  4 months later I got Misha, and I was determined that I would never be without a dog ever, so 6 months after I got Misha, Roly came along (her half brother).  Both are a joy to have live with me (though do have their moments) and Roly is turning out to be such a treasure, he is completely devoted to me, even though he's been hard work at times.  Still think we have room for one more - but will have to wait as it will need to be someone extra special that we all love.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 06:41:20 AM »
Barney was a very special boy  :luv:
I had always loved Cocker spaniels but Barney was the first one I had ever owned. He was a real little cuddly bundle of mischief. he brought so much laughter into our lives with the things he got up to. :D He was also such a brave little boy fighting severe epilepsy from 6 months old to just after his 4th birthday.   :'( So many times we thought we were going to lose him and so many times he bounced back :luv:
Jet was special because for the short time he was with us he filled the awful hole in my heart that Barney left.  :luv: :luv:
Someday I know I will have another  Cocker boy but in the meantime I have the lovely memories of my two special boys  :luv: :luv:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 08:19:02 AM »
Jarvis is a very special boy to me, despite our problems. ph34r He has been through all of the big changes in my life with me, from being pregnant (and helping me by sitting with his nose on the loo seat when i had morning sickness :lol2: :luv:) through bringing little Indie home and being a hundred times better than i could have hoped, and then he (and of course Indie) were what kept me going through losing Martyn. Although he's a big grump he is SO loving, and really does dote on his mummy :luv: if i'm having a bad day and can't face going out, he nags me until i do, and then considers it his lifes work to make me laugh until i'm happy again. :005: :luv: I've realised recently that the good bits DO outweigh the bad with him, and he's not going anywhere. ;) :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
Aaaw, Beth, that is a lovely post  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 08:29:16 AM »
Ooh where do i start? Bonnie Boo is our first dog and i wanted a working Cocker because a very good friend has a worker called Reg. i cant believe she has completely dominated my life in the two and a half years  since getting her as a pup but in the best possible way. She is a real softie with a hint of nortiness loves other dogs and people and walks me ragged. i really never like to leave her and cant wait to get back when i go out as the present bringing/bum wiggling/kissing just make it special to come back into her company. I love her to bits  :luv:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »
Doesn't mean i won't want to throttle the little darling next time he's norty though ;) :lol2: :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Doesn't mean i won't want to throttle the little darling next time he's norty though ;) :lol2: :luv:

:005: :005: I know  :D  I feel the same about Coco  >:(  She is soooo naughty and unruly and has turned my life upside down but I wouldn't be without her now  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline mcphee

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
Rufus is special because he is my mid life crisis. My first dog, and I adore him, despite his selective deafness.

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
Jeeves is special to me for 3 reasons:

1. My late wife used to have two cockers, many years before I met and married her. She always wanted a particoloured (blue roan and tan), but due to the housing situation (renting) we could not have a cocker. Three years after my wife passed on, my daughter "talked" me into getting a cocker, as I now rent a house with a fully enclosed yard and pets are allowed. At times I'd swear that Jeeves has the spirit of my late wife, with some of his antics and expressions.

2. He has helped fill a hole in my heart, which only a cocker could fill!

3. He is my best friend, my bundle of joy and he gives back ten times the love and affection that I give him.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline woodlander

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Sweep is special becuase she's our first cocker. 
She has many special little characteristics and little habits but I think the most special thing about her is it doesn't matter what we do or where we go she just wants to be with us.

How fantastic is that  :luv: :luv:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »
Both of mine are special (but so was my other one when I was 17 as well - an ex said I thought more about her than him - too right - when we met back up 7 years ago I was just about to get Ruby and he groaned and said not another bloody cocker spaniel).

The list is so long I wouldn't know where to start really + for all the grief they've given me healthwise I still wouldn't have it any other way and would gladly go through all these years with them again warts, tears and all - and of course the one thig they give me every day is they make me laugh, which is the best tonic for anyone.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »
Jack is special because hes mine. Hes a total Mummys boy and i absolutly adore him. Apart from his dead rabbit problem he has been easy to train and when im out with jack I feel like I know what hes going to do before he does it. We are very in tune with each other and as strange as it sounds it sometimes feels like hes an extension of me as we can be so in sink with each other. When were together it really feels like its me and him working as a team.  :luv:

Brie is special because shes my mad little whirlwind. She is also the nicest natured dog i have ever met and just loves everything  :luv:
I love the fact shes a nutter outside with this huge working drive but in the house she is the most sweetest affectionate little thing ever. She is also brilliant with kids and just wants to smother them with kisses  :luv:

Flynn is special because hes teaching me that the little things dont matter and i dont really have anything to complain about. Hes showing me what amazing spirit dogs can have and how well they can over come terrible pasts. I think we could all take something from the way dogs live for the moment.