Author Topic: Major Poo Rolling Probs!  (Read 895 times)

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
Major Poo Rolling Probs!
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:31:26 PM »
Ever since Betty was spayed, about 6 weeks ago, EVERY walk has the inclusion of a poo roll, actually not just a roll, but full on body popping action!  Sounds funny but its really pee'ing my off. I dont want to keep her on the lead, but I'm worried that bathing her every day will wreck her coat. Could it be something to do with being spayed...can you buy some kind of scent in a can! Tonights walk resulted in not just a poo roll, but also full body slams on a dead bunny...how does she manage to find the mankiest things. Im also worried about her catching somthing , although she is wormed every 3 months. PPPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE HHHEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Re: Major Poo Rolling Probs!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »
Lottie is a roller too, not poo so much (although she adores fox poo >:D) but decaying carcasses are more her passion >:(

I had to shower her when we got home from a walk today as she found a decomposing blackbird >:(

I would love to know if there is an answer to this too ::)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »
Ever since Betty was spayed, about 6 weeks ago, EVERY walk has the inclusion of a poo roll, actually not just a roll, but full on body popping action!  Sounds funny but its really pee'ing my off. I dont want to keep her on the lead, but I'm worried that bathing her every day will wreck her coat. Could it be something to do with being spayed...can you buy some kind of scent in a can! Tonights walk resulted in not just a poo roll, but also full body slams on a dead bunny...how does she manage to find the mankiest things. Im also worried about her catching somthing , although she is wormed every 3 months. PPPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE HHHEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

I wonder if spaying has changed her body odor (changes in hormones), and so she is trying to mask/change it? Molo rolls after he has been pampered  -  to get rid of the girly smell from the groomers  ::)

Sorry, no idea of how to stop it  ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:55:59 PM »
Bailey always tends to roll on the ground, but seems to steer away from poo.............but the other day, my worst nightmare came true  >:( He rolled on a dead frog/toad.  I have a terrible phobia of frogs and toads, and all I could do was burst into tears and run away  ph34r
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:57:05 AM »
Alfie has recently discovered the joys of eau de fox and if he finds any while we're out he does full on headstands into it just to make sure it's rubbed really well into his collar  >:D >:D  it's disgusting and he's been in the bath twice this week already. I'm now watching him like a hawk on walks and if he shows the slightest sign of being too interested in something I start running around like an eejit and calling him to distract him and get him to play with me instead... the things we have to do for these cockers!  ::)   ;)
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 11:32:36 AM »
Maybe the bathing every day is causing her to roll more? Shes smelling all sweet scented and shes trying to mask it? Maybe if you can possibly lay of the baths - wipe off messes with baby wipes and ketchup to help kill the eau de fox, or just wash the area thats caked. Let her own doggy smell develop. I know Alfie will always find something to roll in after being bathed with shampoo. Nowdays i just rinse him off and get used to the pong :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:34 PM »
Maybe the bathing every day is causing her to roll more? Shes smelling all sweet scented and shes trying to mask it? Maybe if you can possibly lay of the baths - wipe off messes with baby wipes and ketchup to help kill the eau de fox, or just wash the area thats caked. Let her own doggy smell develop. I know Alfie will always find something to roll in after being bathed with shampoo. Nowdays i just rinse him off and get used to the pong :)

I would tend to agree with this; Domino likes rolling in horrible smells(foxes' poo is the real favourite!!) but I just wash the area he has rolled on.

I can sympathise though;my old lab Stella could sniff out smelly poo at 50 paces & then always made a bee-line for it. She was very quick too; she'd find it & roll before I had a chance to intercept her!! :huh:
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)