Author Topic: KC names  (Read 26602 times)

Offline scott0904

KC names
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
so who's dog has the most bizarre/amusing KC name?

Mine is Kenine Caffe Latte - not very strange or amusing but I was just thinking about the king charles in Sex and the City and its KC name was Princess Dandyridge Brandywine  :005: love it!!!!

incidently ....who names the dogs and how do they come up with the strange names?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: KC names
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
The breeder picks the KC names for their own litter or if they don't submit any when they register the puppies the KC will allocate names. 
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
The breeders name the dogs, usually with their Kennel name 1st then whatever name they have chosen
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »
My old boy was Lochdene Nod Off - not that bizarre when you know what a lazy git he was  :lol2:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
Coco didn't have a kennel prefix and as I chose her at 2 weeks before they were registered I was able to choose her KC name which is Cocobean Sugarpuff!  :luv: :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »
Roxy is Kenmilleven Enchanting which I think is lovely! There were 5 in her litter 2 girls and 3 boys, the girls were Enchanting and Endearing and I got to pick which I wanted for Roxy and the other girl had the other! I'm not sure what the boys were. 

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
Sasha's is  Ladylola Lovelylocks.

Her previous owners chose this I think and called her Lola.

Only to put her in the paper for sale 2 weeks later. I bought her and changed her name to Sasha.

Ellie's is  Anahi [from the kennel she came from] Alianna.

Don't know 2 of my 3 rescues,  but My daughter calls Paisley, Pudsey Parsnip  :lol2:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline debsj

• Site Member
  • Max (aka Mud Magnet)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
Roxy is Kenmilleven Enchanting which I think is lovely! There were 5 in her litter 2 girls and 3 boys, the girls were Enchanting and Endearing and I got to pick which I wanted for Roxy and the other girl had the other! I'm not sure what the boys were. 

Roxy's name is lovely.
I was chuffed to see the 'Kenmilleven' part as my Dylan's KC name is Kenmilleven Monsoon though he's more of a tornado!!  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 09:19:32 PM »
Nancys is Staplehill Silkstocking - I think thats a bit random - I like it, but its random!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »

Honey's is Honeycombe Ice Cream - we chose it before the breeder sent off the registration paperwork....

We incorporated her name (Honey) and went with a food theme, as her Dam was a drinks theme!!!
Also, Honeycombe Ice Cream kind of suits her colouring...  :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
We have Honeysmoke Lord Baja Chicken Taco, and Honeysmoke Sir Guacamole, I think Mole got off lightly  :005:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 09:29:02 PM »
Megs is Nosana Absoloute Dream which suits her down to the ground - breeder named her and she was his favourite :005: he wanted to keep her to show but she has a funny eye so he couldnt thank god :luv: :luv: xxxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
My two were very aptly named....Roxy is "Gameheart Ride the Waves" and Rio is "Bryning Makin' Waves". Me and my OH chose the names and must've had an inclin of what they'd be like....!

We gave a HUGE list to Roxy's breeder and I think she used the other names for the three other girls in the litter. The only boy in the litter really drew the short straw "Gamehart Boris"  ph34r :005:

Penny is "Holly's Penny Black" (she was born where the Penny Black stamp came from) and the theme carried on for Sophie "Holly's Sophie Blue" (she's blue colour).

Mika has a Japanese name which translated is Snow Magic.

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »
How nice some of you got to choose their KC names, Bella was already registered as Delindere ( her kennel) Drama Queen and she is a drama queen so it makes me chuckle.  :005:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »

Roxy's name is lovely.
I was chuffed to see the 'Kenmilleven' part as my Dylan's KC name is Kenmilleven Monsoon though he's more of a tornado!!  :lol2: :lol2:

Kenmilleven is the name that the Kennel club allocated to pups that were registered in 2006/7 (I think!) because the breeder did not allocate names themselves I believe, so this is why there are many dogs, of all different breeds, that share this word at the beginning of their KC name  ;)

My two are: Wrenside Bella of Waitby and Gowderbank Moss of Wrenside, not very unusual - but I like having Wrenside in their names as it locates them to a specific part of the country  :luv:

Mary xxx