Author Topic: 3 disabled pups  (Read 6933 times)

Offline daunting

• Site Member
3 disabled pups
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:14:10 PM »
no rescue name on yet  ::)

but these boys need very special homes - they will be excluded from insurance so need homes that are willing to take on any treatment they made need as they get older

2 x 10wk and 1 x 8wk solid black babies  ::) :luv: :luv: :luv:

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=116265&st=0&gopid=1687162&#entry1687162
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Re: 3 disabled pups
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
oh no!!!! i want one.they are the cutest little babies.sadly i don't think my two are considerate enough.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:31:39 PM »
They are just the sweetest little munchkins :luv: Hope they get new homes soon
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline allym

• Site Member
  • Grrrrrrrrr!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 08:25:54 PM »
Awwww! Bless their little Cocker paws :luv: I really hope they find lovely homes soon!
Ally and Henry the Hound xx

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »
Any further idea on what is wrong with them??
Am unbelieveably tempted, just not sure pup could cope with playful but gentle 14 month old Dillon??

eta just read rest of dp thread and answered my own question ::)
oh loves them but worried about the insurance issue... :'(

Petra

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
What cute little men. Would love to take one on but not sure we would be considered. No kids and someone  home all day but we don't have an unlimited budget and we have 5 cockers already do you think it would be too much for a pup with extra special needs or just what the dr ordered?
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »
Best person to ask would be the foster mum  :D

As the days go on she will have more of an idea how they are coping as well - she has her own dogs there too as well as the foster pups.
I would imagine they will be checked again by the vet soon too.
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:43:40 AM »
bless them  :luv: :luv:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »
Oh my... they are gorgeous. I really want one of them... I don't have a problem with them not being covered by insurance but after having said to so many others on here that getting a pup when your existing dog is young isn't a good idea I'd feel like such a hypocrite to go and do it myself because Alfie's only 7 months...  :'( :-\ :'(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »
x
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline missdoggylin

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 12:05:24 PM »
Hi everyone Im new to this site but am the very lucky lady fostering these adorable pups :luv: :luv:  To update a little - the pups will have no problems being insured except for their back legs >:(  My vet reckons that it is just poor nutririon - you can see their spines "dip" at the back.  Two older 10 week ones are getting around with no problems - improving daily - playing with the 4 older/large dogs the same as any other pup.  My shoelaces have been undone for most of the morning and my GSD has had at least one pup hanging from his bushy tail most of the day They play lovely then all pop back into their cage for a snooze - being really good at not pooing in the cage and waiting till they get out.  I am sure that these will end up lovely dogs - but trying to emphasize that although the long term prognosis looks quite bright as we all know with pupies yiou just cannot tell.  Any further info you might need please feel free to contact me at any time.  We are just trying to sort out names for them as Im about to microchiip them and dont want to get them confused :005:

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »
Hi and Welcome to COL :D

Well done you for fostering those lovely little pups :luv: :luv: :luv:  if my two were older I would have one like a shot ..... hope they find their new forever homes soon they deserve it....
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline The Moog

• Site Member
  • Mwaaah!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 11:25:23 PM »
Bless you for looking after these little munchkins.  I have mentioned them to my OH and my sister several times today but I dont think I can convince them.  One of my cockers is a deaf rescue which is hard work yet enormously rewarding at the same time.  I soooo want another and would only ever rescue but we work full time (term time only and I come home at lunch times) and I dont think we would have enough time for one of these special babies.  :'(  (or would we ??? :huh: :huh:)
Love,
Lisa, Moog & Mervyn x x x x

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 11:53:21 AM »
Hi Missdoggylin, welcome to COL.

As the others have said well done for being a foster mum to such lovely pups.  I am sure they will all get excellent homes and that in itself makes their futures look bright.

I hope whoever takes them on joins this forum as I am very very interested in knowing what happens in their lives and how the new owners get on.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline missdoggylin

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 05:30:17 PM »
Well first little poppet is off to his new home tomorrow and they have chosen the name Chewitt for him which I quite like but hope he doesnt live up to his name :005: :005: