Author Topic: 'Lucky' 10 yr old neutered cocker male: Chesterfield RSPCA  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
Re: 'Lucky' 10 yr old neutered cocker male: Chesterfield RSPCA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
He looks a real dude :shades:

It looks like they would consider a home with neutered dogs...so probably shouldn't have looked ::)
OH really wont let me tho and its probably not fair on Aidee now for me to have another. But I hate seeing them needing homes :'(

I hope someone will help him

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
He is only a couple of miles away from us.   :-\
He looks lovely, I hope he finds a lovely forever home soon. 

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline lizkhatun

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 12:43:50 PM »
Have just spoken at some length to the rescue.  Lucky was brought in to them by an inspector following the death of his elderly owner.  He's an absolute charmer, loves playing and adores his toys.  But, they think he may have a slight hearing problem, although the phone triggers his barking (and mine come to that!) and he really doesn't get on with other dogs (neutered or not) at all -   :' (sad, this counts me out because of Barney my retriever).  He seems to be fine otherwise, although he's had no experience of children ever, according to his owner's family, so the home would be unwilling to let him go with children under 12.

I'm sure someone has a sofa for him out there - just hope this little love finds it soon. :-\

Liz

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »
I've been to meet Lucky today he is a real sweetie :luv: :luv:  He looks quite small and perhaps a little thin, and a bit strange at the moment because his ears and legs have been clipped really short becuase he was quite matted when he came in.
He has been at the RSPCA Since January and they said that there was some interest at first but probably because of his age he is still waiting for his forever home :'( :'(

He has a lovely full tail which was wagging all the time, he seems to be a really loving dog, but I have to say he looks so sad and it nearly broke my heart to see him looking out of his cage watching the door and every time it opened his tail would start wagging manically - it must be so confusing for him. :'(

I was told he couldn't be rehomed with any other dog as it is more than just a dislike of others, apparantly he lunges for them and means it!!  so he couldn't come home with me, although they did agree if he is still there in a few weeks I could take Ben to meet him just to see, you never know they might just hit it off??

It sounds like he has been well loved and has never spent much time alone, so he must really be missing having a proper home.  Fingers crossed someone will choose him soon.

Bens mum

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:53:33 PM »
I actually saw this lovely a couple of weeks ago, he was in the outside bit with two other dogs and seemed more than happy!  :o I've got young kids though as well as cats so he wouldn't fit in well here but have been surprised by the sentiments about him not liking other dogs! Bless him! He is a cutey!

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 07:34:05 AM »
Awww he sounds so lovely!  :luv:
I too am suprised to hear he's not partial to other dogs, I wonder is that all dogs?  (most) cockers seem to have this lovey thing going on with their own kind, do you know if they have tried another cocker or even another spaniel with him?

Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx