Author Topic: Abbey - working cocker at Many Tears.  (Read 4209 times)

Offline gorgeouspoppy

Abbey - working cocker at Many Tears.
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »
 :luv:

05-08-09 Abbey the working cocker has been returned as the terriers her last homes did not like her too much. She came in with a lump on her chest which the vet felt he wanted to investigate, so this has been sent away to be looked at. She has an old injury that make her gait slightly irregular and is rather over weight. She loves to play ball and is the sweetest dog. She originally came form a breeding kennels.

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home ex-breeding dogs where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company.  They get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up.

This dog is at the main rescue centre in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Online Joules

• Administrator
Re: Abbey - working cocker at Many Tears.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »
She looks lovely   :luv: :luv:  She is a bit of a porker though  :-\  Hope she finds a lovely new home soon.  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
She looks lovely   :luv: :luv:  She is a bit of a porker though  :-\  Hope she finds a lovely new home soon.  ;)

poor little girl - doesn't help her street cred that she has a bad 'ear cut' and a shaved chest with stitches where they took the lump out  :'( :'( :'(

is this the same one?  Link is out of date...

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=54378.0
helen & jarvis x

Offline mum2milly

• Inactive
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:38:32 PM »
Bless her  :luv: :luv: Hope she's not waiting too long.

Offline julesph

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »
They have given her Springer ears, bless her. 

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
This little girl is apparently very sweet! :luv: 
Loves people + loves to play ball.
We were supposed to be fostering her on Sunday for Many Tears but had trouble with the car + its now in garage being fixed! (OH was down south so was going to make a detour + pick her up on the foster run as arranged, but he broke down + greenflag could not fix it so they had to recover him home which meant he couldn't pick her up  >:()  Typical!
So hope she finds a new foster or permanent home soon.
Jo.x

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:28:24 AM »
This gorgeous girl is also being fostered by us! (with Wez) Must be mad!! ;)
She isn't quite as chunky as she looks in the photo!  ;)
She just loves cuddles - follows you everywhere.  She is just fab and will make a great pet.
So she is also up in Scotland now if anyone fancies a swet little girl.  :luv:
Jo.x

Offline Ladytallulah

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
I would love to have Abbey(i missed out on Buffy and Berry :'( ) but how would the process work Home check etc being in Yorkshire? I have been obsessed with the many tears website for weeks! And fallen in love with many of the dogs on the site.
 Is Abbey ok with children and other dogs? We have a 16 year old westie who comes to life when there is another dog around.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »

So she is also up in Scotland now if anyone fancies a swet little girl.  :luv:
Jo.x

Oh my, local to me too......no must not until I know what is happening workwise for me....but soooo tempted.
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »
I would love to have Abbey(i missed out on Buffy and Berry :'( ) but how would the process work Home check etc being in Yorkshire? I have been obsessed with the many tears website for weeks! And fallen in love with many of the dogs on the site.
 Is Abbey ok with children and other dogs? We have a 16 year old westie who comes to life when there is another dog around.
Many Tears have homecheckers all over so I am sure they will have someone close to where you live. ;)  If your application to adopt is accepted + you pass your homecheck then you would need to bring your dog + family to meet her. If all was well you go home with her.  :D
She is a little sweetie. Just loves to give cuddles + wants to be loved :luv:
She has been great with my dogs + Wez the other foster cocker.  She leaves them alone if they want peace!
She has been great with my kids + they all under 4 years. She is gentle with them + doesn't take any food out of their hands.  She does go to jump up to give them cuddles occasionally which sometimes knocks them over but she doesn't mean it!  My kids don't bother when it happens :luv:
The lump that MT sent off came back clear.  :D
She is on a diet at the moment as she weighed 14.5 kgs on the 05/08/09.  ph34r (She was only 10kg on the 28/01/09!)
She is a sweet little girl who will make a wonderful pet.  :luv:
Jo.x

So she is also up in Scotland now if anyone fancies a sweet little girl.  :luv:
Jo.x

Oh my, local to me too......no must not until I know what is happening workwise for me....but soooo tempted.
She is just a cutie! (Even if she has a bit of a dodgy haircut at the moment! :005:)
x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »
Bless her, how old is she? Tilly looked awful in her rescue photo, she was only 2 but she was overweight, had an even more severe haircut than Abbey and looked really cowed and unhappy. A bit of time, a good diet, lots of exercise and a more sympathetic groomer later she was a different dog. I'm sure Abbey will make someone a fab pet :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »
Bless her, how old is she? Tilly looked awful in her rescue photo, she was only 2 but she was overweight, had an even more severe haircut than Abbey and looked really cowed and unhappy. A bit of time, a good diet, lots of exercise and a more sympathetic groomer later she was a different dog. I'm sure Abbey will make someone a fab pet :luv:
She is only 5 years old.  She was an ex breeding girl who was rehomed from MT in January this year but returned the kennels on the 5th August as apparently the terriers in the house didn't get on with her. So she is looking for her forever home again!

Offline Ladytallulah

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »
Abbey really does sound perfect(Although we will need to try and change her name if we were successfull, my eldest is abigail and sometimes called Abi!!) i will fill in the application form and then fingers X
To go to Many tears centre would be a 8.5 hour round trip and probably too much for Tara(16yr Westie) I have checked all the local rescue centres and met a few dogs but not the 1

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
Abbey really does sound perfect(Although we will need to try and change her name if we were successfull, my eldest is abigail and sometimes called Abi!!) i will fill in the application form and then fingers X
To go to Many tears centre would be a 8.5 hour round trip and probably too much for Tara(16yr Westie) I have checked all the local rescue centres and met a few dogs but not the 1

Good luck :)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
Fingers + paws crossed - good luck.
x