Author Topic: Not drinking water!!??  (Read 1224 times)

Offline allanmac83

Not drinking water!!??
« on: June 29, 2020, 11:38:30 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Our wee puppy Penny arrived in our home on Friday, she is a golden show cocker, she is such a beautiful, playful and placid little girl.

She is eating really well but the only thing she is not doing is drinking water, I put water in her bowl and she does not touch it, anyone else have this problem???

When I make her kibble I put hot water in to soften them, so she gets some water from that but that’s about it.

Thanks everyone

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Not drinking water!!??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »
Hi!
If she‘s otherwise bright and healthy  and her stools are ok, I wouldn‘t worry too much, just make sure there‘s always fresh water available and that its always in the same place. You could try and put a tiny drop of meat stock into the water just to make it a bit more appealing and encourage her. I always do that if my dog‘s suffering from a stomach upset or similar and I need him to drink more but I prefer to make my own rather than use ready made ones as they tend to contain a lot of salt. I usually have a few made up as ice cubes to have on hand for emergencies!  ;)

Offline allanmac83

Re: Not drinking water!!??
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 05:01:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah her stools are looking healthy and eating fine and very happy. I’ll keep that in mind regarding the beef flavouring in the water, no doubt at some point along the line I’ll need to do the same thing. Thanks again for reply