Author Topic: What to feed  (Read 922 times)

Offline kaz60

What to feed
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »
I feed Arthur our 12 week old puppy, Natural Instinct chicken raw dog food with Science plan biscuits, this is what the breeder fed him. Arthur has become very scratchey and I asked about this on the 'health' thread it was recommended that I try fish oil capsules which I will get but I have been advised not to feed the science plan with the natural instinct. Can anyone recommend a biscuit to go with the natural instinct but is grain free please. I do have a bag of wainwrights but I would like advice first before I give it.

Karen

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: What to feed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »
Could you try dropping the kibble altogether and just feed raw? If you continue to feed both it might be better not to mix them and instead feed one or the other at every meal, not a mix of both.

If Arthur wasn't scratching when he came to you and is being fed the same it seems unlikely that his food is the source of the itchiness. Other possibilities could include treats or chews, whatever he's been treated with for flea prevention, his vaccinations, the soap powder you wash his bedding in.

Offline kaz60

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »
Can you recommend treats/chews that are additive free please?

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »
You could try some of the Fish4 dogs treats, pretty sure most of them are additive free

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Categories/Dog-Shop/treats.aspx

others are available, like Mariner's choice who do similar treats

http://www.marinerschoicepetco.co.uk/shop/

I'm sure there are others too, but these are the ones I know about
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline zenon_bass

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »
Millie would do somersaults  :rofl1: for the Fish4Dogs treats if she could, by far her favourite.  I understand only 1 cal too!  :shades: