Author Topic: Farewell Sweep (Sad Update)  (Read 4401 times)

Offline woodlander

Farewell Sweep (Sad Update)
« on: September 14, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
We are heartbroken to say that we had to say goodbye to Sweep earlier today at the age of 13.   She had been so brilliant & brave with all her feet issues but she was suffering from liver failure possibly caused by all the meds she was on for her feet.  She deteriorated over the weekend and was not eating anything at all and ultimately it was one battle too much.  She went on her final journey peacefully with us both stroking her.
She was such a special girl and our first cocker, my little soul dog.  We have been quietly reminiscing between the tears,this afternoon,  of the good times - her favourite pheasant toy, stealing carrots & chasing seagulls.  We are missing all her little habits already 😢
Archie is sitting quietly at our feet and I am sure wondering where his bestie is❤️.
Rest in Peace our gorgeous girl and run free at the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge

Offline annclare

Re: Farewell Sweep
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »
RIP Sweep. However long we have our cockers, it is never long enough. Having gone through the loss of one many times I wish I could say it gets easier but it doesn't. My old girl Nina is now over 13; she seems to have aged all of a sudden and her mobility is very poor; she is now on Yumove Plus. Being on my own I have been so grateful during these strange times of her and Matte's presence and I dread anything happening to her especially with the difficulties at vets right now. Yes, remember all the good times you had together; she will always be in your hearts, Take care of yourselves. xx

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 05:21:38 PM »
So sorry to read this. I know there are no words that can ease the pain right now, the sense of emptiness is overwhelming but I hope that sharing your loss with people on here who really do understand how you‘re feeling will help a little. Hang on tight to all those good memories and Sweep will never be far away, you were with her when she needed you most, she was loved and happy and you were as special to her as she was to you.
RIP Sweep, you won‘t be forgotten.  :luv:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »
Really sorry to hear about Sweep.
Big  :bigarmhug: to you.
My girls are both 13 and Stevie has really deteriorated this past year.  She has dementia, is unsteady on her back legs and has mammary lumps too  :'(
I dread coming down each morning and am so happy when she is still with us each day.  :luv:  She still seems to enjoy her walks once she gets her legs warmed up but we only have very small walks.
I really feel for you as in the thirteen years we have been blessed with them in our lives so many wonderful memories have been made.
I know it is really hard but do try to think of all those wonderful happy times and how lucky you were to have each other.
The pain we suffer is the price we have to pay for having these wonderful dogs in our lives.
Run pain free Sweep, you were much loved  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 07:23:24 PM »
I am so sad to read about Sweep....run free sweet girl knowing how much you are loved and missed.

Like Vixen says I too count my blessing every day with Ollie an oldie too.

I am thinking of you - hold those memories close.

All my heartfelt sympathy to you and a big hug
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:26 AM »
So sorry to hear you have said goodbye to your lovely Sweep. All of us on here who have loved and lost our beloved dogs are sitting alongside you today, and just being there with you.
Run free, Sweep  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »
So sorry to hear you have said goodbye to your lovely Sweep. All of us on here who have loved and lost our beloved dogs are sitting alongside you today, and just being there with you.
Run free, Sweep  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Lesley and Dylan

Absolutely, could not have said it better - so didn't try. Take care of yourselves at this difficult time  :bigarmhug: :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline woodlander

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »
Thank you for all your kind words.  We miss her dreadfully and keep looking for her little face coming into a room looking for us. 
Trying to keep things as normal as possible for Archie.  Hopefully things will get better and we won’t feel so awful as the days go by.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:02 PM »
I am so very sorry. It is such a loss. There is so much joy to look back and one day you will be able to do that without tears. Sending you our love.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 09:34:15 PM »
So very sorry. Run free Sweep xx
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline woodlander

Re: Farewell Sweep (Sad Update)
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
We have had another blow this week.  Archie our Springer had to go the Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday.   :'( :'( :'(.  We are still reeling from the loss of Sweep but to have this as well is almost too much to bear.
Archie had a heart condition which in the past 6 months he had to have to fluid removed from around his heart.  He was going along nicely but last weekend he got worse again and on taking him to the vet they said he now had fluid on his lungs from where is heart was not working properly any more.  They said that they could put him through some quite extensive and invasive treatment but could not tell how long he would have. 
We decided that it was not fair to put the old boy through all that and made the ultimate decision. 
We think perhaps that he was missing Sweep too much and needed to go to her as his old heart was breaking.
Our hearts are breaking now as we try and come to terms with what's happened.
Sorry to bring this news to you but everyone has been so kind - thank you

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 02:39:02 PM »
What can I say  - I am so deeply saddened to read this about Archie....it seems so very cruel to loose him so soon after Sweep.

I think you may be right that he was missing Sweep, they tie such a bond and when it is broken they are lost. 

Well now they are running free and together at Rainbows Bridge.

While your heart will be heavy with their loss - how blessed they were to have each other through their doggies years with you both.

Am sending my thoughts to you both
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 04:43:33 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: It's so hard, I feel for you. We lost two within 9 days, and it nearly broke me. I think you are spot on about Archie. Our older boy lost all interest when our younger dog died, and he had nobody to annoy him, steal his treats or cuddle up with. It seemed like all his ailments became too much for him, and we made the decision.  In fairness it wasn't much of a choice, he was done.  Life is cruel. I am deeply sorry for your loss, so, so difficult.
Run free Archie, Sweep is waiting on you.  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 04:58:30 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: So so sorry to read this, its hard to imagine how you must be feeling. Its not unusual for lifelong partners to go within a short time of each other and I think its no different in the animal world but in a way it can maybe offer you some amount of  consolation to realize how close their bond was and what they meant to each other.
Hang on tight to those happy memories, thinking of you  :luv:
Run free at the bridge Sweep and Archie, united again.  :bigarmhug:

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
So very sorry to read this, what an awful blow. We lost three dogs in four months a few years ago, there are no words  to heal the heartbreak, only time can do that. The happy memories will always remain. Run free together, Archie and Sweep.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo