Author Topic: Can I find out Bailey's pedigree?  (Read 954 times)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
Can I find out Bailey's pedigree?
« on: April 17, 2006, 01:49:55 PM »

I got Bailey lasy Decemebr through Working Cocker rescue.The  process is that you view the dog at the home of the person who wants to rehome the dog. He was living in Nuneaton with a lady who had only had him for 4 months,she told me that she got him from a rescue "somewhere in Leicestershire" but she didnt know where it was as her friend drove her there.She had seen him advertised in a local free paper. I do not know of this rescue(and I live in Leicestershire) where she said all of the dogs were kept in caravans!. She did not get any papers with the dog.She was told the the previous owners had handed him in because they were working long hours, this was also the reason that she was rehoming him, also Enviromental health had been round because he howled when he was left,not surprising since she was working 12 hour shifts,and was leaving him in a crate.
She told me that he was born on 14th December 2004.
Anyway that is the only info that I have on him. I am really intrigued as to his breeding,he is a fantastic dog despite his past and is really training up well.I have a feeling that he came from really good working lines. Has anyone any idea if I am going to be able to find out his pedigree.I know its a long shot but any info/imput would help.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Can I find out Bailey's pedigree?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »
I'm afraid you'll probably find it virtually impossible to trace Bailey's breeding - he could have come from anywhere really. It would be possible for someone with access to the KC Breed Record Supplements to list all the KC registered litters born on that date and then try and identify the ones with Working Cocker affixes but there's no guarantee Bailey was actually registered at all so it's a little bit like looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack. Out of interest, I'll see how many registered litters were born on that date but even with that info, you still have no way of knowing if Bailey did come from one of them - worth a try though ;)

Jane
Jane

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
Just checked the Jan-March 05 BRS and can't find any Working Cocker litters for the 14th Dec 04 - a couple of show-bred litters for that day but that's about it, sorry.

Jane
Jane

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 06:10:33 PM »
Thanks very much Jane
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud