Author Topic: Roan Colour Development?  (Read 1245 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Roan Colour Development?
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »
Hiya,

Quick question about Roans. At what age should the roan spots start to appear? I went to see a friends cocker puppy yesterday (way to cute! :luv:). She's just under 8 weeks and only has a couple of chocolate freckles on her face. The parents are both choccy roan. Do you think she could be choc and white ticked or simply chocolate and white? - is this possible from both parents being roan? Or will the roan appear later? My Rio was getting really quite spotty at 6 weeks and she's quite a light roan.

H x

P.S - I was totally smitten by her gorgeousness (the pup that is!!) and forgot to look at her paw pads as that would've given an indication wouldn't it?

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Re: Roan Colour Development?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »
Just zoooomed in on some pics I took of her and her paw pads don't appear to be solid colour. The pads are pink in the middle with a brown outline.

Offline seasideblue

• Bella
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »
I have a 7 month old chocolate and white show type - Mabel. :luv: She still has pink patches on her pads, which means she is a 'something' and white, whereas Bella (four year old blue roan) had completely black pads within days of being born. There are several threads on here about colouring. Hope this helps.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »
I have a 7 month old chocolate and white show type - Mabel. :luv: She still has pink patches on her pads, which means she is a 'something' and white, whereas Bella (four year old blue roan) had completely black pads within days of being born. There are several threads on here about colouring. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Yes that helps thank you. I'm almost 100% that this little pup is a very pretty liver and white.  :luv: My Rio has almost solid black pads and she is roan. Roxy has solid pads and she is a solid colour but has freckles on the few white patches.

Thank you!

Holly x