Author Topic: Just Being Lazy Or Something Else...  (Read 1617 times)

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Just Being Lazy Or Something Else...
« on: November 10, 2004, 07:10:20 PM »
Since Tia's last season she has become very lazy and quiet, she hasn't played much at all and she is also wanting more cuddles - its almost impossible to sit down without her getting up for a cwch.
Her cwch consists of her getting her head as close under my chin as possible or on my shoulder and leaving it there and will quite happily stay like it for what seems like hours .....
As i'm typing this she has her head on my lap :rolleyes:

She is also more food aggressive - she normally only does this in season but this time it has carried on - she is quite nasty with it too.  

Tia did have an accidental mating about 4wks ago and she was injected to stop it going any further - I know these aren't 100% and i was told it would extend her season - but hadn't noticed that it did.

That was her second season - is it normal for them to change after a couple of seasons or should i be worried that the injection didn't work ( she was given 2 low doses on days 3 and 5 after the mating).

I am hoping its the former rather than the latter....
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 09:21:15 PM »
I think I'd probably get the vet to check her out, just in case.
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 02:40:22 PM »

Have noticed today that Tia's teats are large and hard also she has been sick a couple of times. :unsure:

Could she be having a false pregnancy?

Can't get to vets until next week - how do they check if she is pregnant or not, do they scan or can they tell by feeling the abdomen as its still quite early if she is?

Offline shaendix

• Site Member
    • espanielcockerspaniels.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 06:54:16 AM »
Hi there are three things that cross my mind. One she is pregnant and the injection didn't work. Two she should be checked for a uterine infection asap. Start with her temperature and any discharge (which may or may not be present) Or it could just be a full on false pregancy Best of luck

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 09:36:01 AM »
I know a friends terrier got progressively more aggressive with her seasons.

I'd get an appointment with your vet asap as its best to know and also rule out any infection (if left a uterine infection can be fatal)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 09:47:22 AM »
Just come back from vets - she thinks its a phantom pregnancy but is booked in again tonight to get a second opinion as the injection she had is only 95% effective :huh:
No signs of any infection or anything else thankfully - if it is a phantom will just to wait until symptoms go away.
She's being spayed in January as she'll be between seasons then.

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 06:23:10 PM »

Home again after another visit to vet for second opinion and she confirmed that Tia is NOT PREGNANT  :)  :)

Huge sigh of relief from me - i have plenty of experience dealing with the pregnancies of rats, cats and snakes but definitely not enough to deal with dogs :huh:

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 05:25:45 PM »
I bet that's a relief!!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »
A HUGE one :D

Just have to wait now for her hormones to get back to normal, had she been pregnant she would have been due about a week or so before Xmas :o

Imagine 4 kids, 3 rats, 1 dwarf hamster, 1 budgie, 3 cats, 3 mad cockers and a bunch of puppies over the Xmas period :o  :o

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

Imagine 4 kids, 3 rats, 1 dwarf hamster, 1 budgie, 3 cats, 3 mad cockers and a bunch of puppies over the Xmas period :o  :o
LOL!!!!! I have 3 kids, 2 bunnies, 3 cats and 4 dogs...so I can sort of understand your feelings LOL...but a litter as well  :huh: I'm taking in some collie pups next week (only short-term LOL, not for Christmas) and I am wondering just HOW crazy my house is going to be....I might not get the usual 5 hours sleep LOL!!!!  :lol:  :lol: