Author Topic: how do i choose a stud dog for my cocker in SE England  (Read 5300 times)

Offline ClaireH

Re: how do i choose a stud dog for my cocker in SE England
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »
Someone asked me why I made the decision not to advertise my boy at stud and instead, when hes old enough, be letting him and his awesomeness speak for itself. The OP of this thread is why! I just wouldn't have the patience. Some very good replies :clapping: and I hope the OP has taken the time to read them.
-x-Claire-x-Indy-x-Storm-x-Scout-x-

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
Someone asked me why I made the decision not to advertise my boy at stud and instead, when hes old enough, be letting him and his awesomeness speak for itself. The OP of this thread is why! I just wouldn't have the patience. Some very good replies :clapping: and I hope the OP has taken the time to read them.

I don't really understand what you're saying here about his 'awesomeness'...   

Are you saying that you would stud him because you think he's a nice looking dog or because he's health tested, of sound temperament and is fit for purpose (ie a good working dog)?

helen & jarvis x

Offline ClaireH

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »
What I mean is, he has a fantastic temperament, brilliant work drive, is IMO exactly what a WCS should be in appearance, is fully health tested, including hips, and is doing extremely well in his agility training, to the point where ppl I don't know are asking who he is and showing an interest in using him later on (I wouldn't let him be used until he is at least 2) and I would rather let him advertise himself in that way than put an advert up in Pets At Home. I only had his health tests done because I want a puppy from him later on. Plus he is awesome.  :shades:
-x-Claire-x-Indy-x-Storm-x-Scout-x-

Offline JohnW

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
What I mean is, he has a fantastic temperament, brilliant work drive, is IMO exactly what a WCS should be in appearance, is fully health tested, including hips, and is doing extremely well in his agility training, to the point where ppl I don't know are asking who he is and showing an interest in using him later on (I wouldn't let him be used until he is at least 2) and I would rather let him advertise himself in that way than put an advert up in Pets At Home. I only had his health tests done because I want a puppy from him later on. Plus he is awesome.  :shades:

Good for you he is health tested and good luck with his future agility career  ;) Nice to read you have even hipscored moreso for possible agility pups in future ..... ;) all the best!!