Author Topic: what a day  (Read 667 times)

Offline lilliegez

what a day
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
hello all.  little maisie had her second training session this morning and my oh my it was a nightmare.  she is great but walking half decent on the lead is gonna take some work.  Now she has her confidence with dogs all she wanted to do was play with the other dogs there.  she decided to generally ignore me, pull like a train and I even took chicken for her.  she will walk ok in the garden but if I am anywhere else her mind is elsewhere, ie eating whatever is available on the ground or jumping as high as she possibly can.  I now have to have my trousers tightened extra secure around my waist as she has jumped up grabbed them and almost pulled them down while out walking  :D.  the joys of puppyhood.  she is only 14 week and will jump over child gate, its like she is on pogo sticks.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: what a day
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »
 :005:  sorry just have a picture in my head of a 14 week old pup pulling trousers down  :shades:

I would suggest that you do a treat value test with her - which does she find the highest value

In the garden etc I would use lower value treats than when out and about and the highest treats when there is other dogs around and she acknowledges what you have asked her

Good luck x x

Offline Landy andy

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »
We've been/still going through this. It does get better as they get used to the other dogs. As mentioned the key is HIGH value treats, we started with liver, supposed to be high value, but not according to Monty, he prefers real meat. Finding this out helped us out a lot in class.

Andy

Offline lilliegez

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
many thanks, I will upgrade from chicken, she will be eating better than me soon.   :lol2: