Author Topic: My Miss Millie - sad news  (Read 4933 times)

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: My Miss Millie - sad news
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
Sorry to read your tragic news.  We had to have our elderly GSD PTS during the summer.  At the time you feel like you're playing God in deciding whether or not their life should be allowed to continue, but at the end of the day you know that you've made the right decision and that it was a decision made because of your deep love for your pet.

I hope you are soon able to put this unpleasant experience behind you and move on to happier times.

Take care,
Penny

Penny, you have hit the nail on the head. I do feel like we have played god with Millie's life.....and that is really difficult to accept.

I cannot tell you how much strength I have gained from the posts to this thread - you have all helped my healing - so thank you from the bottom of my heart!
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline PennyP

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »
Penny, you have hit the nail on the head. I do feel like we have played god with Millie's life.....and that is really difficult to accept.

Hi Jools,

I remember those same feelings well.  The guilt you are feeling will go away soon; just remember that you did it because you loved Millie and because it was the best and kindest thing you could have done for her.

Penny
xx

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »
Jools, when looking for a cocker spaniel puppy I read your post and took note of everything that you said, I also thought at the time how brave you were for sticking by Millie. No matter what anyone says I dont think you can walk away from a situation when you see a puppy suffering so. You so obviously did everything you could for Millie in her life and gave her as much love and patience as you possibly could, unfortunately it wasnt enough - the damage before she picked you was already done. Thank goodness you did come into her life as its very probable that if anyone else had responded to that ad she wouldnt have had the chances that you gave her.

It makes me so sad that you had to go through this and also that Millie had to live a life that neednt have been the way it was if it were not for the inconsiderate, greedy puppy farmers.

((((hugs))) to you and your family and Bramble too, rest assured that you did the best thing and that Millie is at peace now.

Cx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 01:52:41 PM »
Jools, when looking for a cocker spaniel puppy I read your post and took note of everything that you said, I also thought at the time how brave you were for sticking by Millie. No matter what anyone says I dont think you can walk away from a situation when you see a puppy suffering so. You so obviously did everything you could for Millie in her life and gave her as much love and patience as you possibly could, unfortunately it wasnt enough - the damage before she picked you was already done. Thank goodness you did come into her life as its very probable that if anyone else had responded to that ad she wouldnt have had the chances that you gave her.

It makes me so sad that you had to go through this and also that Millie had to live a life that neednt have been the way it was if it were not for the inconsiderate, greedy puppy farmers.

((((hugs))) to you and your family and Bramble too, rest assured that you did the best thing and that Millie is at peace now.

Cx

Caroline, I am really glad my original post helped you when you were looking for your puppy.

Our lives were richer for having had Miss Millie. We learned so much from her.

Thank you for your reply - I really appreciate your kind words xx
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline kate.s

• Site Member
    • Ghost Tours UK
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 02:16:59 PM »
I think you did everything you could for Millie.

It sounds to me like she wasn't well and there was nothing you could have done. You gave her the love that she may not have experienced had you not come into her life. Do not feel guilty....she is at peace xx

Love Kate and Sam xxx