Author Topic: Recall problem, with a twist, need inspiration  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: Recall problem, with a twist, need inspiration
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 01:02:31 AM »
Thanks  :D again

My dad called me hysterical and paranoid when I talked to him about the seriousness of letting her out like that. But I think he got the message, because he bought me some chocolate and asked me to watch the game with him. (His way of apologizing since he was my handball trainer for many years and we had a great time playing  :lol:) He's really a nice guy, and smart, just a little clueless about dogs.

I remember at puppyclass the instructor wanted us to yell all the commands. "DOWN!" was supposed to work even if the dog was running on the other side of a road, he was a very loud man, but good with training dogs. I couldn't get myself to shout commands, especially since my dog will get nervous when people are loud. But it is a good idea, he was right and thanks for reminding me! I will use the whistle and make sure she sits when I need her to. Should stop her from hurting herself and maybe give me time to get her attention. Thanks for the advise!

At the moment I have the flue and I'm not doing much training. I let her run until she's tired in a clearing in the forest, and I do some clicker training to keep her occupied inside. And I sleep  :005: but as soon as I stop  coughing, the training starts. And I'm looking forward to it now that I've gotten so many good training tips! I can start tomorrow by training her to NOT walk out the door(s), she runs out all three of them  ph34r

She is a crazy little cocker, this summer jumped out of the boat (small inflatable with outside motor) while we were still moving. She loves to swim and decided she was to warm to sit in the boat. She is such a loving, playful, wonderful dog. But she is very energetic and acts on impulse so I have to watch her  :lol: