Author Topic: Huge fight  (Read 19438 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Huge fight
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 09:09:15 PM »
Has it been warm today, Gill ? It has here, and there was more argy-bargy than normal at Agility tonight; the weather/heat seems to affect some dogs quite badly  ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »
No, been freezing  :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Cazzie

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 09:38:52 PM »
I had 4 huge Male Labs fighting tonight at the kennels, its an awful thing to see but Cazzie the referee stepped in and took control  :police: , some dogs just have a thing for others as the big male dog that started it kept trying to have another go, it was poor Dram he picked on to start with then  :'(  another 2 joined in  >:( . The situation soon calmed down thank goodness  :angel:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »
Oh I am sorrry for you Gill .I know how upset I felt when mine had a scrap and it was nowhere near as bad as yours  :'( I really hope you can get some help and things sort themselves out ..sending you lots of luv and hugs x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 10:00:38 PM »
OH Gill, I've only just seen this.. so sorry for you and your boys. It sounds so upsetting, really hope things start to calm down soon.

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 12:37:52 AM »
I missed your original post Gill, so I'd no idea they'd had their first fight.  ph34r

I'm really sorry, I know I'd hate it if mine faught.  Hopefully the behaviourist will have some ideas that will help.

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 12:47:58 AM »
Aww Gill im really sorry to hear that they have had a fight, hope they are both ok.
I know exactly how you feel, a lab started a fight with Scoobie not so long ago and Scoobie fought back as well, but this was a massive lab and it got Scoobs by the neck and he sunk his teeth in. Scoobs had blood everywhere and i was in tears as well.

So sorry to hear about Disney and Aspen
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »
so sorry that things have gone like this.  Would be a real pity if you had to rehome one of them but sadly sometimes thats the only answer, hope having the chop helps the situation.

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
I've only just read this thread, how awful for you Gill. I'm so sorry that they are not getting on. I wonder what it is that's causing it - maybe since the first big scrap when they were onlead they are now alot more nervous of each other on the lead?  I know my two really pick up on each other so much and it's more pronounced onlead.

My two rarely have a cross word but last week Zorro really went for Bella because she was moving around (actually trying to leave the room) and he had a scrap of hide chew - it's the first time they've had anything like a proper scrap, he just hurled himself at her (he's a year old but neutered) and that was bad enough (no blood, just two very upset dogs for a while).

I really hope you can get to the bottom of whatever it is - it must be so horrible for you at the moment.  :'(
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »
Sorry to hear this.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Victoria

• Site Member
  • Beautiful Betsy
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 07:21:27 AM »
Hi Gill

How is Aspen today?  Have you spoken to the behaviourist?

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 12:19:48 PM »
Sorry to hear this Gill.
I tried to jolly him along and distract him but he just launched himself at Aspen and the pair just let rip at each other (great wake up call for the people living in said street  ph34r).

I believe that if you're going to try and distract them it's got to be with a sharp, loud noise, something that's going to really startle them.
I've got to the point where I can literally feel the aggression coming on and I try and nip it in the bud by bascically letting Byron know that there are limits and I won't tolerate any extreme aggression. It seems to be working - touch wood!

What advice has the behaviourist given you?

"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 01:11:13 PM »
Hi What an awfull time you have been experiencing. I do hope things have calmed down and Aspen has recovered ok.
Claire

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
how are the boys getting on gill???

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »
Sorry for not updating sooner but still havent managed to get hold of the behaviourist. There have been a few growly incidents towarsd each other but it hasn't come to anything. Aspen is fine and his wound is healing well. They are curled up together on the sofa right now  >:D

Edited to add that they have had another one tonight. They were at it for a few minutes before I managed to split them up and Disney was bleeeding from his mouth  :'(  Vegas had pinned Aspen to the ground for trying to nick his precious ball and Aspen squealed then Disney just ran in and set about him. If I can't get hold of this lady on Monday, I am going to have to try someone else
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)