Author Topic: Ice  (Read 1754 times)

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Ice
« on: January 10, 2004, 11:43:57 AM »
In the past couple of months Taliska has discovered ice, in the form of the freezer bits of ice comming off and ice cubes.  It all started when I dropped an ice cube and he went mad for it.  now he likes nothing better than to have a good crunch on an ice cube...  Is this normal, should I be worried that he is too warm?  Has anyone else experinced this. :?                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 12:09:08 PM »
Sue - it's a very common thing for dogs to like playing with and crunching ice. Nothing to worry about :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Ice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:34:55 PM »
Butty regularly eats ice cubes  :wink:  she loves crunching away on them...I also give them to her in a bowl in the summer when it's really hot...more so I can laugh at her trying to pick them up as they are slippery little suckers  :lol:  :lol:  :twisted:                    

Offline T

• Site Member
Ice
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 10:17:15 PM »
Charlie-Spud loveeesss ice cubes! It's hard to go to the freezer without him being there!!

He started having them back in the summer during his teething months as a soother, then carried on as a quick cooler when it was hot, so no idea what his excuse is now in the middle of winter but he still has 'em!

We do have to be careful though by making sure to hold the ice cube first so it loses that "stickyness" in case of ice burn. Unfortunately a friend of ours didn't do this and he came running into the front room with it stuck to his ear!!  :?                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Ice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 10:57:04 AM »
How funny! My boy, Indie (13 weeks) has loved ice since he was teeny! We have one of those side by side fridges with an ice dispenser, and it alsways drops a couple of bits - Indie loves tearing round the kitchen after them, and loves a couple of cubes in his water to keep it cool, our kitchen is too warm sometimes as we have a Rayburn which is always on.

I thought he was alone in his ice fetish, he sits waiting when I get a drink in case I drop some!

Shona :P                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Ice
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 11:33:45 AM »
Vegas loves licking the freezer compartments when the door is open. You physically have to pick him up to get him away from the damn thing :roll:  We had really bad snow here the other week and when it went icy, Dallas spent the entire time trying to eat it off the ground :roll:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Ice
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 02:53:47 PM »
Yep Beano is another ice fanatic !!!!! :roll:

Everytime he hears the freezer door open he appears like a shot !!!!! Not that he actually crunches an ice cube !!!!! He just loves to chase it round the kitchen yapping at it !!!!!!! :lol:                    

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Ice
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 10:11:42 PM »
All mine love ice cubes, like shonajoy I have one of those american fridges, with the ice dispenser, as soon as they hear the kids getting a drink, they are all there queuing for ice. :)

When I worked in a pub, in my younger days, the ice buckets used to be emptied onto the floor at closing time, for the GSD's to crunch up, they loved it.                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.