Author Topic: Driving everyone insane!!!  (Read 1674 times)

Offline staceyarie26

• Site Member
Driving everyone insane!!!
« on: February 05, 2004, 06:27:53 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help.  I have two cockers, Honey and Dylan.  At the moment Honey is in season and all hell has broken loose in our home.  Dylan has turned onto a hyperactive monster!  He is constantly barking, crying and wingeing.  He won't eat, he won't sleep and he keeps being sick.  This is Honey's second season.  Last time he became so worked up we thought he would be better off away so we sent him to baording kennels close by.  This time however we can't send him away as he was castrated a few days ago.  We waited until now to castrate him in the hope that he would be too sore to try anything, but Oh No!!! The pain isn't an issue for him and he's as determined as ever! Please can someone suggest something as my whole family are going out of their minds!! Thanks Stacey x                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 06:38:20 PM »
Hi Stacey,

Unfortunately, he still has all his hormones racing about in his system so that is why he is getting himself all worked up. I knew a chinese crested who went home after being neutered and promptly mounted the bitch :roll:  :lol:  The only thing I can think of that you can do would be to get someone to look him after him whilst she is in season cos I don't even think the fact his bits have been chopped off will distract him :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline staceyarie26

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 06:51:11 PM »
Yeah, we did ask the vet about this and that was what he said.  Unfortunately we don't know anyone who could look after him.  Honey is ready to be mated but Dylan just isn't sure what to do and he keeps hurting her.  Thanks anyway though, much appreciated.                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 07:02:28 PM »
Have you thought about putting Honey in a kennels? I know some do take bitches that are in season. Not ideal by any means, but neither is the position you're in at the moment. Can't be much fun for any of you :(                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline staceyarie26

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 08:04:01 PM »
I had thought of that but wasn't sure if they could take bitches in season.  I will ring round a few tomorrow and find out.  Thanks for that!   :)                    

Offline staceyarie26

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 04:00:49 PM »
Hi everyone, just to update, Honey's season is now over!  :D  Dylan has gone back to being his usual quiet, dopey, loveable self  :D  And we can all have a VERY good nights sleep  :D