Author Topic: South Yorkshire - Any Recommendations?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline JerryBerry

South Yorkshire - Any Recommendations?
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:56:12 PM »
Hello again (think I'm becoming a serial poster!!  :-\)  We are keen to start Jerry at obedience classes as soon as he is able (jabs cover him from next Tuesday) and just wondered if anyone can recommend a good one in our area? We are in North Anston which is in the middle of the Worksop - Rotherham - Sheffield triangle! Have car, will travel, just want a reputable trainer who knows what they are doing!  thanks AGAIN!   :shades:
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline henrys mum

• Site Member
Re: South Yorkshire - Any Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
i went to Happidogs in Wickersley with Henry. and also to St cuthberts church hall at the stag with sam(advertised as alan with brinsworth contact number in local papers)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:01:48 PM »
I recommend Boneyfido in Sheffield. They have a website. The classes are small and totally positive training methods. I wouldn't describe it exactly as Obedience classes, but we did "Easy Basics" then both levels of "Tricks and Fun". Bobby still pulls on the lead and chases stray woolly animals but that is ongoing work for me! He can however do sixteen tricks and pre-agility type activities and is clicker-trained and loves it! You get handouts and homework sheets  and a lot of dog psychology help if needed. It certainly is great fun and very educational.
 I believe Millhouses dog training has a good reputation and follows a more traditional pattern and do certificates ,Levels and Good Citizen. To do agility with them you have to have attended two levels of Obedience classes.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline teapot

• Site Member
  • ~Tia~
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »
Tia is about to start with 'People and Dogs' who have classes in Sheffield and Chesterfield. We have been to see the classes and have had a one to one session to assess the stage Tia is at. They have puppy classes which lead onto Hooligan Hounds and then onto Perfect Pooches (which Tia will be doing). This can lead to Kennel Club awards, agility and they do group dog walks. Next session starts June 12th.

http://www.peopleanddogs.co.uk/
Marie & Tia x

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »
I agree Millhouses has a great reputation, but may have quite a long waiting list.  Not sure if i'm allowed to say (mods delete if appropriate) but stay away from Grimesthorpe one (near Meadowhall), i paid to walk around in a circle twice  each week for 5 weeks, and finally left when the 5th week started talking about making sure your dog know's boss....