Author Topic: Help needed please, Cadbury has suddenly starting eating my leather chairs!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Had this problem years ago with our Westie - we used the spray from PAH to stop pups biting things (although she wasn't a pup when she suddenly started this habit!) but it worked brilliantly.  Have always kept a can of spray handy just in case and so far it has worked with just one squirt on anything that one of the dogs takes a liking to  !!!

Good luck and when are we going to see more  pix of the gorgeous Cadbury????  :005: :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Cadburysmum

Good luck and when are we going to see more  pix of the gorgeous Cadbury????  :005: :005:

Now Penny that's just not funny!!!  :005: We have even taken to walking very early or very late when no one can see him!!! ;) I wish.

Every one knows him in the village and they all keep stopping and saying oh my god what's happened!!!

My OH is lying dreadfully and telling everyone that we are decorating, that bits true, and Cadbury got so much paint on his ears that we had to do it!!! :005: :005:

Too ashamed of my mistake to tell the truth!!!  :embarassed:

Will try and get the spray asap, though he is getting a little better since we started ignoring it.

Offline Elmo

• Site Member
Has he always been anxious about being left alone or is it a recent thing?

it sounds like you need to go back to building up the time you leave him from a very very short time. I would start with just getting ready to go out, go to the door then go back and sit down again. If you do this enough your dog will realise theres nothing to wory about. You can slowly build up to leaving the house for short periods. I dont say a word when i leave or make eye contact with my dog. Im sure Top Barks would have some great advice for you ;) And im sure he says crating a dog with SA can make it worse it some cases :-\

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Are the chairs near his bed?  Two of mine are chewers and I have to think where their beds are in relation to chewable corners, chairs etc so they can't reach.

Could you pop the chairs onto the table top when you go out, might break the cycle if it's just the chairs and if he's got something allowed to take its place like a kong or chew.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie