Author Topic: Why would Dylan be doing this?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Chedi

Why would Dylan be doing this?
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
I'm really confused by him at the moment. Over the last few days, he's trotted over to his crate, sat in his bed in there and barked at me. I know its his attention seeking bark - but I don't know why he's in his crate?

Usually he goes to his crate to either get some toys out, or to go to bed when we ask at night (he has a separate bed for day time he uses) - when thats when we shut the door and cover it up.

He usually does this when he's in a chilled out mood - and if I dont do anything, he just walks out again and goes into his other bed.

Any ideas to what he wants, or what I should do?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Why would Dylan be doing this?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »
Does he get a bedtime biscuit?

Disney gets a gravy bone once he gets his last pee of the night....he has been known to run out, run straight back in, look at me, look at the cupboard and bark. Cheeky git gets marched right back out again  :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

Disney gets a gravy bone once he gets his last pee of the night....he has been known to run out, run straight back in, look at me, look at the cupboard and bark. Cheeky git gets marched right back out again  :005:
Oh no love him he is so clever :005:

Offline Chedi

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:57:40 PM »

yes he does :005: and that wouldnt surprise me if it is that

Offline BabyB

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:42:15 PM »
We have that from Henry at 8.30 each evening. But he runs to the 'treat' cupboard and moans like a good 'un. Katie then trots out after him, and both run into the lounge as if to say 'hurry up, I want my stick'. 

He's now got into the habit over at 'nanny and gwandads' that he waits by where Dylans senior food is kept, and whines facing it.  Each time my mum (or nanny  ::)) says to Henry that he can't have Dylie's dinner. He then woofs at her.  She gives in each time, and accuses me of not feeding him  :005:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

yes he does :005: and that wouldnt surprise me if it is that

There it is then  ;) Mine have tried to push bedtime back to 6:30  :o >:( ::) to get their bedtime treat

Sounds like Dylans saying "OK mum, I'm in my crate, now where's my treat!"  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
Clever Boy! :005:  :005: :005:  :005:

Offline Trixie780

• Tucker - April 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
Tucker is 16 months and still runs to the treat cupboard everytime he comes in from a "potty break".   ;)
Draper....July 1997 - May 2009.....Missed always

Offline lauraoc1

• 15 weeks and gorgeous!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:40 PM »
this is so funny, Harvey runs into his crate at different times in the day and sits and looks at me. He knows that he gets a treat when he goes in at night and now at 15 weeks cheeky thing thinks he should have a treat everytime he goes in. I started rewarding that but then realised he ate the treat and ran out again in the day....clever these Cockers!

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
Well when Selby pinches anything he jumps on the settee and waits for his treat, he knows that that is the only way we can get things back from him :005:

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
I love all the tales of cheekiness.  :005:

During the day, Posie will only go into her crate during the day if we put a few treats in, otherwise she'll only go in to get a toy when I'm not within reach of the door. At night she goes in straight after her last pee of the day and gets a couple of treats. Strangely, she hasn't cottoned on to this little trick that you lot have seen.

What she does do though, is go outside for a proper pee which is rewarded with a treat, then she'll run back onto the lawn and "hovver" while watching me and in under three seconds she'll be back to me for a treat. She never gets one second time around unless I've seen her actually relieve herself, but she keeps trying it on.

Aren't puppies great?  ;)

Offline sebanelli

• Our gorgeous Harry
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:59:44 AM »
Tucker is 16 months and still runs to the treat cupboard everytime he comes in from a "potty break".   ;)

All five of mine have learnt that little caper too! :005:
The Fantastic Four: Oliver, Amber, Dylan, and Harry

Offline Trixie780

• Tucker - April 2009
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »
Tuck has also now discovered the fun game of snatch and grab......whilst waiting for a treat to give up what he's stolen.  Part of me wants the laugh, the other part feels completely conned every single time.   >:D
Draper....July 1997 - May 2009.....Missed always