Author Topic: Scurry at Betley Game Fair on Sat 7th / Sun 8th July  (Read 1477 times)

Offline redlottie

Scurry at Betley Game Fair on Sat 7th / Sun 8th July
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
Just a heads up that there is a game fair being held at Court Farm, Main Road, Betley, Cheshire CW3 9BH on 7th and 8th July

There will be a scurry at the event for anyone wanting to try their dog or view other dogs participating.

Offline Pippaloo

Re: Scurry at Betley Game Fair on Sat 7th / Sun 8th July
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Was intending to go if it's still on ? So many events having to be cancelled due to weather and forecast lousy for this weekend.

Offline redlottie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
It says on the website that despite all the rain they are going ahead but that was posted early in the week not sure if today's downpours will affect it.

Its only an hour from us so will probably head up in the morning and hope for the best

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
I was going too, but the weather is pretty awful around here, just hope it doesn't ruin things for them.

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »
Hi - did anyone go?  I did on Saturday in glorious sunshine and as ever, the ground was dry given its sandy soil!  Met lots of folk I grew up with and put the world to rights with a number of friends who beat in the area......

.....Just wondering if we met you or walked past you on Saturday?  Maybe next year we could organise a meet at the show?

Jayne

Offline redlottie

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
Unfortunately we didn't get there as Albie cut his leg on some glass on Friday and had to have it stitched up on Saturday morning with instructions to rest.  Glad you enjoyed it and would definitely be good to organise a meet there next year.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
Hope Albie is ok?

I believe David Ross is organising another one next year - the weather in the lead up can't be any worse....although both days were lovely in Betley this year!

As soon as I hear its on I'll put a post on here [I know the owners of the farm so will be updated asap].

Its Betley Show on Saturday 4th August.....

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
We took our lexii and cookie, two of our "show" cockers to this on sunday. We really enjoyed the day out. Thought it was quite amusing when someone asked what breed cookie is! Cookie is 8 months old and is getting her lovely show coat so she must have looked out of place at a "working" event!  :D
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).