Author Topic: booster jags  (Read 770 times)

Offline Donzer

• Site Member
booster jags
« on: June 14, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »
I was out at a breeder friend of ours at the weekend - my mum was collecting her new 8 week old orange roan puppy.  She is absolutely gorgeous (the pup not my mum or the breeder - not that they aren't as well but just to clarify)

anyway

she was telling me about the big debate that has been running for a while on the pros and cons to booster jags, in that you shouldn't get them every year.  There is evidence to prove that giving your dog a booster injection every year can cause serious health problems - even death.

I was shocked as I thought I was being responsible taking my dog for her booster (which was just last week).  The breeder gave me info on this which is a real eye opener.

There are also heaps of information on the web about this..

Maybe this is something we should all check out - I dont want to over vaccinate my dog - as I am sure the rest of you dont....                    

Offline Donzer

• Site Member
booster jags
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 03:00:08 PM »
:oops: I have just noticed that this discussion has been taking place in the forum - so you can all choose to ignore me if you wish  :)

I had just heard of it on Sunday and it worried me a bit ... Here's hoping that vets can give us proper advice on this to save us all guessing what is right to do eh?!