Author Topic: Tesco Insurance  (Read 1983 times)

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
Tesco Insurance
« on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »
Just wanted to say how brilliant they are  :D

Sox had a fatty lump removed back in April of this year he got a secondary infection so had to have more treatment and lots of tablets, he has since recovered fine and they paid out with 2 days of getting the claim  :D when he was at the doggy hairdressers back in November the dog groomer noticed another big lump right under his tail close to his bottom, so back to the vets we go and £70 later after a consultation and a biopsy taken :shades: it turns out that he had a lipoma and a nasty one at that.  

Sox was booked in to have the offended lump removed 2 weeks ago, but when they operated on him they found that the original lump was bigger inside the body than what they thought and a further 3 lumps (mass) inside him, they removed these too. After a huge bill quite close to £300.00 when I was expecting the cost to be £140.00 when I asked originally  >:D paid the bill and took my pooch home, bless him  :luv: :luv:

He kept catching the stitches so kept skitting from one room to another and back to his bed, took him to the vets 3 days later for a check up all was well, thankfully. Was told to come back in a weeks time to get the stitches out, that went well.  

The vets sent off the claim form last Thursday 13th, I got a text from Tesco to say they had received the claim on the Saturday 15th and lo and behold the cheque for full payment was in my letterbox on Tuesday 18th, I wasnt expecting the full amount as I assumed they would take another £60 excess off but apparantly due to him already paying the excess for his last operation this one carried on from that.

Ive just had a call from my neighbour to say that ive just had some flowers delivered, I asked to read out who they were from and the wee card says 'From All the staff at Tesco Pet Insurance, hope Sox is on the mend' what a lovely thought  :luv: :luv:

Do any of you have insurance with Tesco?

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Tesco Insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
That sounds excellent - there were some bad reports about Tesco insurance at one point so looks like they have really sorted themselves out.

I just had 2 letters from Sainsburys to tell me they had put the wrong price on 2 of the policies that renewed recently but although I was undercharged, they were honouring the price in my renewal documents.  I rang to check what it should of been so I could crow over the saved money to find the annual policy was a difference of £20 on one and 60p on the other!  Oh well, at least I haven't got to pay and every penny counts LOL

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
I have had tesco for many years and have had 3 major claims ( all inexcess of £1500 ) They have been excellant every time. Even when we have losed a pet they were so helpful and considerate.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »
It is good to hear how good Tesco Insurance is as we have Cupar insured with them, although (touch wood) we have never had to make a claim. Thanks for your encouraging post  :blink:

Offline joanesmith

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
That is good to hear!  I have my three hooligans insured with Tesco, and wondered how they were in the event of a claim...hopefully I won't need to, but you never know!

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
I have Tesco insurance but unfortunately I didn't read the small print and you don't get lifetime cover for any condition. Alfie has pollen skin allergies and they informed me that they've now paid out the maximum for him. Hopefully he won't have any more lifetime conditions in the near future as he's only 3yrs, but I'll be changing to pet insurers who offer lifetime cover, but of course that will now exclude any pollen related skin allergies.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
That sounds excellent - there were some bad reports about Tesco insurance at one point so looks like they have really sorted themselves out.

I just had 2 letters from Sainsburys to tell me they had put the wrong price on 2 of the policies that renewed recently but although I was undercharged, they were honouring the price in my renewal documents.  I rang to check what it should of been so I could crow over the saved money to find the annual policy was a difference of £20 on one and 60p on the other!  Oh well, at least I haven't got to pay and every penny counts LOL

Totally off topic but our home insurance - when I first took it out we had unsecure single pane leaded windows with wooden frames, a garage door which barely shut, 2 rather unsafe doors - fast forward 12 months, 2 secure doors, secure windows and garage...it brought my policy down by 20p!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear you've had good experiences with them :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
Am with them too. This was a good thread to read, thank you  :D