Author Topic: Insurance for new puppy  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Pip C

• Zac
Re: Insurance for new puppy
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
Gone with Axa.  £13.18 per month with vets fees excess £100 and cover of £7000 per year.  Seems like a great deal. :D

Have you got lifetime cover? I'm glad I took that option as William has Dry Eye and needs expensive eye ointment daily and 6 monthly check ups. He was diagnosed 3 years ago and is fully covered for it for the rest of his life. I had to pay my £50 excess when I first claimed for it but not since then.

I don't think it is actually.  It says £7000 per period of insurance which will be annual.  If you get lifetime cover do you have to stay with the same insurer?

No you don't have to stay with the same insurer. The potential snag with changing insurers at any time (regardless of your type of cover) is that your new insurer won't cover any existing conditions. So providing you haven't ever claimed you can shop around and change each year if it gets you a better deal. Once you've claimed for something it becomes more difficult.

If your policy doesn't state lifetime cover you probably haven't got it. Does it say that the £7K covers all conditions in a year and then starts again? Does it mention any limits to claims? Some policies will pay out up to a certain limit on each condition but then won't pay out for that condition ever again.

I will have to phone them on Monday and check a few things.  The £7K covers all conditions in a year and doesn't mention any limits to claims.  Who would have thought it would have been such a complex task!

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: Insurance for new puppy
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
The Axa insurance is lifetime...7000 per condition per year so each year you start again with 7000 pound claim limit and so forth

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet