Author Topic: Grooming Spray allowed?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Lee

Grooming Spray allowed?
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
Hi all, i have we have got our first open show tomorrow and i was just wondering if grooming sprays are allowed ie Finishing spray or grooming spray with primrose oil etc.... im sure they are not but just wanted to check as in some posts people are advising grooming equipment & spray etc Thanks in advance for your feedback ;)

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Re: Grooming Spray allowed?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
I often see lots of sprays at shows I'm sure you will be fine  :D
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »
Hi all, i have we have got our first open show tomorrow and i was just wondering if grooming sprays are allowed ie Finishing spray or grooming spray with primrose oil etc.... im sure they are not but just wanted to check as in some posts people are advising grooming equipment & spray etc Thanks in advance for your feedback ;)

The "rules" state they must have nothing in their fur that alters the natural texture/look - however at shows I have seen people using garlic oil and grooming spray. I'm not sure what people use, as we are just new to showing too.

Good luck :) - let us know how you get on :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Garlic oil? Wonder why people use that at shows - must pong a bit I'd have thought :lol2:

The rules are quite strict but in practice most exhibitors do use sprays etc - it would only be an issue if your dog was summonsed for coat testing which only happened with CC winners at Championship Shows & currently doesn't happen at all as the process has been suspended while the KC looks at the issue. Indications seem to be that small amounts of hair spray and chalk will probably be allowed in future.
Jane

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
I also think the 'rule' and testing was aimed at exhibitors who use sprays which 'set' the hair unnaturally (as in poodle and shih tzu topknots) and products which colour the coat, rather than a bit of anti-static spray on a cocker.  Good luck for tomorrow - hope you have a great day.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie