Author Topic: Pet insurance  (Read 1558 times)

Offline hollie

Pet insurance
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »
Hi , what pet insurance is the one to go for help !!!!!'

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
Re: Pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »
I imagine this thread will be moved - there is an insurance board within the Health one.

Anyway, everyone seems to have different experiences with different companies, and the premiums vary massively, depending on where you live and any underlying conditions.

Have a look on the insurance board and have a look through some recent posts. Most people recommend getting a life cover one, which covers existing ailments and limits the annual or condition payout to eg £7k.

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Re: Pet insurance
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Big question

A lot depends on what cover you want for example these are some of the things to consider

1) Cover per condition per year or per condition until the limit has been reached
2) How much cover per condition can you afford these range from £1k t0 7.5k per condition with Sainsbury
3) Do you have more than 1 dog sometimes they give better cover for multiple dogs
4) Age of dog some really put the premium up for over 9 yrs which is quite young for a cocker.

I am with Sainsbury have been for a few years now was with Tesco beforehand but transfered to Sainsbury when they gave me a better deal.

I have found Sainsbury to be very good big claims they will pay direct so you only stand out of you excess not the full amount.
They do discounts for the first year if you join on-line.

I did a qoute enquirey recently with a few of the most national Insurers and they all seem to come out quite similar in price, I did go through and trim back some of the things I did not want like overseas cover .
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack