Author Topic: London Cocker Open Show  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Charleigh

London Cocker Open Show
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »
Is anyone going to this?

Open Show

23rd February 2013

New Haw Community Centre
Woodham Lane, New Haw, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 3ND

Judge: Miss Joy Norris. (Brooknor)

Teddy isn't old enough to show then, but I want to go to get a feel of how things are, Can I take Teddy even if she isn't showing? Can I just turn up or do I need to book tickets?

What exactly is a puppy walk?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I sound dreadfully naive, but I'm quite new to showing.

Thank you for any advice :)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: London Cocker Open Show
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »
Your Puppy would have to be entered in advance and entries closed at the end of January.  You could ring the secretary to ask whether they would take an entry for the puppy walk now though (Secretary Mr J Hartnett Tel: 0208 949 2032)

PUPPY WALK
There will be a Puppy Walk during the lunch break for puppies aged 4-6 calendar months of
age. NB: Puppies for the Puppy Walk MUST be entered NOT FOR COMPETITION at a price
of £1.00 per dog with their full details given on the entry form

A puppy walk is generally a practise run at what showing is about, a chance to stand them, move them as a group and someone goes over them BUT they are not judged or awarded 1st, 2nd 3rd etc.  It is usually pups 4 to 6 months

Schedule here http://www.londoncockersociety.co.uk/openshow_schedule_feb13.pdf
entry form http://www.londoncockersociety.co.uk/entryform_feb13.pdf

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Charleigh

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:39 AM »
Thank you, It all confused me as it said not for competing so I didn think I would need to send a form off! I've been thinking about this show since the new year as well so I could have entered her in time, ill phone tomorrow and ask if she can be part of the puppy walk :)

If she can't can we just go to watch or are non competing dogs not allowed at dog shows?

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:14 AM »
Ask the secretary if he can note she'll be there otherwise non-competing dogs are not generally allowed at shows (these are the ones entered as not for competition).  It's a KC rule that all dogs on the site are listed in case of problems and if the show was inspected the committee could be in trouble.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie