Author Topic: 1st Ringcraft class tonight (gulp)  (Read 1268 times)

Offline katie94

1st Ringcraft class tonight (gulp)
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
Please wish me luck, taking the semi-hairy Rufus for his first class tonight. Not sure what to expect from him apart from lot's of barking as he's a nervous boy at the best of times but he's slowly getting more confident.

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: 1st Ringcraft class tonight (gulp)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:49 PM »
Good luck  :D

Enjoy and have fun - I'm sure Rufus will  :luv:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »
Hope it goes well tonight for you & Rufus  :shades: :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline katie94

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
Well, we stayed for about an hour by the end of which he had ventured out from under my chair where he'd taken refuge and started to eat treats out of various handlers hands! They seem to be very patient there and said they won't do anything with him that he's uncomfortable with. It's going to be a long slow process to gain his confidence etc but we'll get there eventually  :D

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
Well, we stayed for about an hour by the end of which he had ventured out from under my chair where he'd taken refuge and started to eat treats out of various handlers hands! They seem to be very patient there and said they won't do anything with him that he's uncomfortable with. It's going to be a long slow process to gain his confidence etc but we'll get there eventually  :D

It all takes time, some get it quicker than others, the first few times you just need to go through the motions and get people stroking him.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline katie94

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »

It all takes time, some get it quicker than others, the first few times you just need to go through the motions and get people stroking him.

Thanks Dippysy that's just want wanted to hear, although I'm seriously considering getting him a t-shirt saying " Please do not touch me, I'm nervous" to stop the other owners who "think" they know what they are doing from fussing him and trying to touch him, I've been warned about a couple of "in your face" owners who will do this there.  We've worked so hard to get him start to trust other people outside our home that I don't want to jeopardise this in anyway.